Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

getting fit for winter

Poster: A snowHead
are you fit enough,what are you doing or going to do to get fit..my routine since may....weekly routine is..mon shoulders/arms +15 mins cardio ..tues 30mins cardio.. weds.chest/triceps + 15 mins cardio... thurs 30 mins cardio.... fri back/legs (squats) + 15 mins cardio.. i always do my cardio sessions on a bike for strong legs
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boozy, your routine sounds excellent
But I've always thought it odd we have to do extra exercise to get/keep fit
Surely our daily routine should be enough?
And if it isn't, then we should change our routine
(our ancestors didn't need to go running every other day)
Simple things:
Never take the lift. Stop using the bus and walk
Forget walking, and run instead
Stop using the car and bike it
Interestingly the last suggestion is often greeted by "Takes too long" -
from people who then spend hours every evening in the gym.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonpim, yeah but I find the plyometrics hard to do at work Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
the reason im doing this ,firstly i stopped smoking in march, as have been bodybuilding since 2005 (11 stone then)(14 stone now) and my fitness was no no and effected my snowboard severley .so now i do a strict routine and i walk to the gym 2 mile round trip. and i cant wait till i get to canada Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boozy, you should have said.
1. Well done in stopping smoking - I wish you all the best because for many you never really get over the craving
2. You are a serious gym person - keep it up. You go to the gym because you enjoy it: getting fit is a useful side-effect (yes?). This is very different from the hordes that drag themselves to the gym every day to suffer, when they could be getting fit more sensibly by changing their daily routine.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

This is very different from the hordes that drag themselves to the gym every day to suffer

I just pay my membership and don't go, actually quite enjoy it when I do. Embarassed Embarassed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I figured I'll get fit during the winter....I hope
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim wrote:
This is very different from the hordes that drag themselves to the gym every day to suffer, when they could be getting fit more sensibly by changing their daily routine.

I used to be one of the hordes...three days a week on a boring treadmill...dull, dull, dull and a waste of my evenings. Now I've cancelled my gym membership, spent a slightly lesser amount on an annual season ticket for the train and get an hours excercise every day for an extra 30 minutes on my daily work journey! I've regained my evenings to spend doing more useful things and am getting five hours exercise a week instead of three!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well done homphomp.
If you want some extra incentive get a dog
Or some kids
(If not got kids, try rentakid)
Some advice here for agoraphobics snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
T Bar, I'm with you on that one. I have made progress in that my gym kit has migrated from the back of the wardrobe to the boot of my car but nothing since. I've just texted a pal about having a run around the park tonight. Here's hoping she's already got plans (did I say that out loud??)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm up to three bottles of red wine a day and can eat my own weight in Tartiflette - reckon that will see me through my ski hols
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
im getting started again now.. spinning and body pump to get into the groove and dog walking
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boozy, surely you should be upping you routine regularly if you're a body builder. Seems bit odd that you do the same set since May.

As for me, I was doing exercise at home, I'm now at uni and find myself walking an hour a day... coupled with heavy drinking. Once the fresher madness subsides I'll go to the gym. I don't really need cardio fitness for skiing unless I'm going off piste...

Have any of you been knackered while skiing? I haven't... Most people stop every x m to let their feet recuperate. I remember i went down 900m descent at once and my shins were on fire... Was fun though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim wrote:
Well done homphomp.
If you want some extra incentive get a dog
Or some kids
(If not got kids, try rentakid)
Some advice here for agoraphobics snowHead

A dog?? Not on your nelly....I'm a cat person and proud of it!

Kids?? If I had kids I couldn't afford to ski and I wouldn't need to get fit!

I might try out the homer simpson home exercise programme though....mmmm doughnuts!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boris wrote:
I'm up to three bottles of red wine a day and can eat my own weight in Tartiflette - reckon that will see me through my ski hols
Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
just back from spinning... i now know why top cyclist pump themselves full of drugs!!! ugh
ski holidays
I have a wooden table out the back so just put on my ski stuff and get tanked up with beer before getting into my table-top dance routine. Also get plenty of practice pushing into queues throughout the summer.
ski holidays
I have started running again, really need to get back into body pump as that made such a difference to my skiing this year Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Have just been out for a hilly 50 mins. Just wish I could go to pump but with a knackered scafoid am not even sure whether I will be able to hold a ski pole this winter Shocked
latest report
Boris, I know someone else who would like to eat their own body weight in tartiflette!!

I used to be gym every morning at 6am 5 days a week up until 37th week of pregnancy. OMG I have NO time to fit it in with working full time and a 9 month old. I really need to get back to gym soon ready for the season. Still pretty active and fit but no fitness routine as such - this MUST change
ski holidays
I haven't skated for some years but I think I might check out the ice rink in Flims
snow report
Mouth, 9 month old - you don't have time for anything!

My keep fit routine is running around after our kids aged 6,6 and 4!
snow conditions
Jonpim wrote:

(our ancestors didn't need to go running every other day)

Our ancestors didn't
- work at a desk in front of a computer 5 days per week
- have plentiful and relatively cheap sources of high calorific food (pasta, rice, bread, potatoes)
They did
- have to perform 6 hours of manual labour per day
- (many) live on the breadline.
- die younger

We live a very different lifestyle, so running and lifting weights are our way of compensating.
ski holidays
My training started again in earnest last night, with the start of my new job.

Tuesday eve: 2 hrs teaching Pilates for my local college, for the next 10 weeks.
Weds am: 1 hr Pilates class (as a paying customer)
Thurs eve: 1 hr teaching Pilates

And I renewed my gym membership today (for the princely annual sum of £36 + £1 each visit), and did 30 mins on the cardio wave to work on my ski legs and 30 mins on the treadmill (so that I can fit into my ski pants this season - the summer holidays have not been kind to me!). My motivation is ostensibly ski training, but also, would rather drop daughter off for her 5pm ballet class in the gym's dance studio and go & use the equipment than go to the supermarket.
ski holidays
Mouth, get that pushchair out for some power-walking on a weekend. I was never so fit as I was just after I had my two, I hadn't passed my driving test and had to push the pram or pushchair to the shops.
ski holidays
I've just been out tramping the local hills in a vain effort to get fit -I hate exercise classes. The weather here in Scotland is surprisingly beautiful, fresh and bright. Anyhow, I'm not keen on cows either so decided to go a different way to avoid cows that the farner has moved uphill. Lost my footing and ended up waist deep in a bog, it was so humiliating walking back through the village covered in foul smelling mud and then I met the headmistress of my kids school! I think I'm going to join a nice clean exercise class Sad Sad Sad
ski holidays
I do squats when I'm stood out the backdoor having a ciggie at work. Does that count Laughing rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy