Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

can I sell a helmet, barely used?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a helmet, Julbo, can't recall model but it's certified for both ski/snowboarding and mountaineering (apparently). I've used it maybe 3 days, but probs 2. No knocks, no damage. I just couldn't ever get on with the fit. Mrs U has the same model and gets on fine so it's clearly just my head.

I know that charity shops etc., don't accept helmets as donations - can I reasonably sell this online?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@under a new name, yes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can sell it if you are 100% honest about it and price accordingly.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a display model helmet let along a 2nd hand one. Not worth the risk. But each to their own!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Key question is not can you sell it, but who would buy it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Im sure plenty will if the price were right, wittingly or not.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Fridge03, but how old is your current lid?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are 2 things that adversely effect the resale value of any helmet

1. The fear of undisclosed damage
2. The accretion of mung

Neither can be mitigated against alas.
But GLWS.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Of course you can in those circumstances. I wouldn't sell one myself that I know had taken a heavy knock. But I'd happily sell my current 4 year old one as I know it hasn't other than the old bosh from chair lift etc.

I wouldn't buy a used one though but plenty would.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
@Fridge03, but how old is your current lid?

I’ve actually just replaced mine after a few years use. But the difference is. I know it’s history. I’ve looked after it. It’s not gone in checked baggage.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've bought a few used lids locally. My current lid is second hand, but looks like it has never been used. Give them the once over before parting with cash, I go by the belief that a significant impact will most likely have left significant marks/ damage to the outside of the helmet. I'm reasonably trusting of others and wouldn't sell a crashed lid myself either. I have a few kids ones that will be getting advertised locally soon as the little heads are getting bigger and I will have no problem selling them on. They have been worn on three trips, and have been packed in checked baggage. I'm happy for my kids to still wear them so happy to sell them as such.

I'm all for the used market though, your cash goes a lot further in general and it's less stuff being produced.

I did buy a new helmet for my wife though, cause finding a used one to fit her comfortably proved just too elusive!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy