Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tonight CH4 21.00

Poster: A snowHead
Just noticed this on the listings page for tonight at 9PM on Ch 4

Grand Designs Abroad

Kevin McCloud chases progress on a project to convert a traditional farmhouse into a luxurious eight-bedroom chalet in the ski resort of Les Gets, in the French Alps. With the owners tied up back in London, the builders struggle to interpret the plans for a structure the like of which they have never seen before

Should be worth a laugh
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will have a look,ta
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And at the same time on ITV2 is a repeat of last week's Holiday Showdown, the one with the horse-laugh woman taking the 2 strippers to France for a skiing holiday.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
meanwhile on sky one mix, Stargate Atlantis Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well that was interesting, I'd have loved to hear what the french builders thought of it, they did a really nice job but didn't really know what the idea was behind the plan. Still I'm deeply envious, but I'd be happy with just the top[ 2 floors and 4 beds/bathrooms Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It looked absolutely amazing, I'm really envious but we've got a better view!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quite simply...wow !!

ise, get sky plus and get 2 watch them both like i did Little Angel
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Did anyone, by any chance, tape the Les Gets programme? I've been out all evening and I've got a chauvinistic French friend with an English wife who runs a family hotel in Les Gets. He'd absolutely love to see that show.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Was that Les Gets?Or well off the beaten track at LG?Very interesting all the same.Highlighted some of the problems involved in property development.The need for constant supervision,a clear plan and dumper loads of common sense!!
How does anyone spend £250k and have no idea the building has no foundations!
All credit to the French builders for the result they achieved.And I,for one,wouldn't blame them too much.Having dealt with interior designers I've found them heavy on concept,but lacking practicality.Mind you,you should be able to do a wicked "beanz on toast" in a 30grand kitchen Shocked Somehow I cant picture the kids doing finger painting on their kitchen table;can you?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowskisnow, What really amazed me is that they were suprised about the foundations - old houses just don't seem to have them and this was a very old house! Mind you a good survey wouldn't have gone a miss! I also noticed that the house wasn't very family friendly. Probably the children were just another accessory in their perfect life! I'm still jealous!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
what amazed me was that they were spending £250k, but didnt think it worth having a project manager... and were then surprised that it didnt 'just happen'..
nice pad tho.. Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Actually they were spending a total of 750K, 250K on the farmhouse and 500K on the "Rennovations" but you would have thought a structual survey would have been a smart move first ! Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf wrote:
the ski resort of Les Gets, in the French Alps.

Hah, that reminds me of a day I was standing by the roadside with a mate when a huge great 4x4 pulled up. The electric windows slid down and some city slicker type shouts out:

oohhh eeeh lez getts?

we looked at each and my friend engaged the driver in conversation, after about 5 minutes of incomprehension (dialogue des sourds as they say) my friend finally throwed his hands in the air

ahhh you mean leh chjez?

Let's hope the Ch4 team are a bit better at pronouncing the local names.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I thought it amusing that the chief carpenter was called B**stard, and how they cut straight from the woman ranting about the guy to the sign outside his door.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How many seasons could you afford to live in rented splendour Puzzled in the Alps for £750k?

Alpine property is appreciating in some areas but I suspect the market will top out very soon with the slackening UK market, mirroring Provence, where my in-laws place is still worth less than they paid for it as a completed project in 1988 Crying or Very sad
latest report
Wouldnt dare take my kids there. Imagine flopping down on one of those sofas, soaking in sweat, socks on their 4th day. Nope, just a bit to splendid for my skiing tastes. Romantic week away in the summer perhaps
ski holidays
Difficult to see how you could have any week away there;when the 1st rule is likely to be "DONT TOUCH ANYTHING" Twisted Evil I'm afraid this style of designer life is not for us "normal" people.Houses are to be lived and used.Buildings should function,not be a curse to the owners.That womans "vision" was borderline obsession?Couldn't help feeling that a spot on the floor,or a vase moved slightly out of place, would have her screaming to her life therapist rolling eyes

Speaking to a builder friend of mine today;he told me he couldn't stop laughing. "Everyone knows better than the builder" said he??

Did you see the other "builder" programme;about a budding team of property developers.Catalog of disasters.Net profit,for the main developer,on completion was £12/week.Nice little earner;not!!

All these programmes should carry a financial health warning IMHO Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy