Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski host wanted

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're looking for a keen skier (or a boarder) to join our small team in La Rosiere for this season, starting in December. The usual chalet deal, long hours, hard work and crap wages but you will get to ski just about every day, season's lift pass, kit if you haven't got your own, insurance and good accommodation. You'll also get to meet lots of guests and make some very good friends. A clean driving licence is essential, you'll be driving our mini-bus to pick-up guests on transfer days, you'll also need to be a good skier with perhaps some experience of ski-hosting or a ski/board qualification. Other duties with include helping the chalet manager with housekeeping and generally assisting our guests to get the most from their holiday. If you're interested or know anyone who might be, send a CV to info@tracksvacations.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David, first off good luck with finding someone - I can't help this year, but maybe next year or the year after - Mrs NBT and I have been thinking of it for a couple of years, but haven't got round to making firm plans.

What standard of skiier are you looking for? I'm OK, but not expert by any means. I can ski most pistes, although I struggle on the moguls, and off piste is variable - not really had any deep powder, but I enjoy the challenge.

Maybe next year, eh?

Oh, and I speak fluent french and spanish, and Mrs NBT would be with me to help with the housekeeping, except she doesn't want to clean any toilets Smile

If I can make it out to join you this year (you;re on the *looooonnngg* list of places to visit in the future) we can chat about it over a beer, eh?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt, maybe we can get mrs nbt to run up some curtains?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David@traxvax wrote:
nbt, maybe we can get mrs nbt to run up some curtains?

What, like a cat?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not quite sure if that's a facetious answer David, but if it is, sorry but currently fully booked until January - quite annoying as we've had a couple if quiet spots over summer and we're now not turning work away, but telling people it'll be so long until we can fit them in - like valued (AND RICH!) customers who want everything ready in time for the family coming to see them in November, who are a bit disappointed to find that Jane can't start work until late NOvember!

Moving on, I'm quite serious about doing a season, and working as a ski host would seem to be ideal. I'd appreciate the chance to ge a bit more info - would you prefer to take this offline?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, not facetious,, just my poor attempt at humour. I'll pm you with more info.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good to see that you're an equal opportunities employer, David, though I note that "(or a boarder)" is in brackets.

Have you thought of pitching for the ultimate candidate - a skier, boarder and monoskier? Monoskiers are much derided, but let's remember that they don't sit in the middle of the piste, just over the brow of the hill, and their parallel technique always impresses.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David, if you're applying we have a monski ready and waiting for you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy