Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ANYONE SKIED ZAKOPANE / WISLA ?????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
[color=red][/co Puzzled lor]MYSELF AND SOME FRIENDS ARE GOING TO POLAND FOR NEW YEARS.

WE ARE GOING FOR 5 DAYS (28/12/04 ~03/01/05) SKING 2 DAYS IN A SMALL RESORT IN WISLA AS WE HAVE SOME FRIENDS WHO LIVE CLOSE BY AND THE REMAING 3 DAYS IN THE LARGER RESORT ZAKOPANE ( WHICH I AM ASSUME WILL HAVE BETTER SKING ) ...... DO ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE EXPERIENCE IN SKING AT THESE RESORTS?? ....I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL TO HEAR THEM!!!!!![/i][/b]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Firstly welcome to Snowheads, William snowHead

Can't say that I've been there. Have a look at the Snowbase database at the top of this screen ; it certainly lists Zakopane plus about 4 - 5 others though not Wisla.

Tell out what it was like after your trip there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to Snowheads. My sister in law is Polish and has skied here and other places in Poland quite a few times, she told me two years ago that the lift system was quite old and not well linked and but there was a large ski area - this is of course only her opinion. Incidentally I was offered a "chalet" two years ago for £9,000 in Zakpopane that needed finishing (it had only just been started and I did'nt buy it!) so expect to have probably the cheapest ski trip in Europe. Check out http://www.goski.com/rpol/zakopane.htm the review starts very uncomplimentary but the skiers who have left reveiws on this site really rave about the area, even a guy from Whistler who says Zakopane is better (mmmm!?!?!?!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wisla - Whistler ? Was he confused or am I !
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers "Frosty" .......That link you gave us is just the sort of information I was looking for !!!!!! PS. Thanks for the welcome "hibernia" this site is great, far better than SCGB!!!! for getting information Very Happy from fellow skiers

Edit: this thread's been shifted to 'Resorts', but shadowed here for a short while. You can post in either location.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I grew up skiing around Zakopane. You should have some good snow, unless you're unlucky with the weather. The lift system has grown a lot recently, pretty good quality on the whole. You can check out the snow conditions on webcams at http://www.z-ne.pl/poradnik/index.php?id=6&url=portal_kamery.html
I never tried skiing around Wisla. Found information on lifts at http://www.wisla.pl/site.php3?a=600&t=016
It's all in Polish, let me know if you need anything translated.
Martin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the info Martin.... I was told that you cant get ski passes in zakopane like the ones we use in europe (QUICK PASS ).... , and that one has to pay every time you get to a lift . Is this the way it is , surley not as this would lead to massive Ques and people having to carry lots of change and money with them on the mountain !!!. Martin please advise , on the way the system works and approx what price they charge etc (IS IT PRACTICAL ?)Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, queuing is a national passtime. Happy
Unfortunately, most lifts are operated independently and there isn't one ticket that would get you through all the gates. In general you pay per trip, though you can get electronic tickets that remember how much credit you have left. If you want variety, you will end up with several tickets. That said, they're still pretty cheap in comparison, as is the food and accomodation.
Having friends who know the area and language will definitely help. I might be there over Xmas, not sure yet.
Martin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I see that EasyJet has opened a new route from Luton to Krakow, which is 60 miles from Zakopane.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi MartinH

Wonder if you are still about - as this is a very old thread...

I'm heading out to Poland for long weekend. Originally thought about staying in Krakow but have changed mind and want to go to Zakopane if there's snow.
Any tips/recommendations? am fluent speaker - but my family aren't from that part of the world, and don't have the luxury of being there for long (only 4 days)
Mum wants to go back (is Polish) and we are thinking of helping her out to buy somewhere, particularly if there's skiing, so want to check out what the situation is!!!
thanks
MM
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy