Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Rental in Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a good rental shop in Cervinia for skis? I'd like to hire something a little better than the standard rental stuff. I've seen the list of shops on the tourist web site but just wondered if anyone had any personal recommendations. (64 days to go Very Happy )

Thanks

Chris

snowHead
Cervinia Weather Summary at 3489 m:
A heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Thu night
Temperatures will be well below freezing (max -7°C on Wed morning, min -15°C on Fri night)
Winds increasing (light winds from the SE on Wed morning, strong winds from the WSW by Thu night)

Cervinia Weather Summary at 2392 m:
A heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Thu night
Temperatures will be below freezing (max -1°C on Wed morning, min -8°C on Fri night)
Winds increasing (calm on Wed morning, fresh winds from the SW by Thu night)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crispy, this won't be of a lot of help, but I'll say it anyway. When we went there, I didn't rent but those in our party who did all used Sport Center and were very happy with them. They are a bit of a walk from the lifts though, and as no one used any of the others, I can't say they're any better. They also have no deposit place, either.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Crispy

59 days I go to Cervinia Very Happy and I've been keeping an eye on snow-forecat too Wink

I know a good rental shop, with better skis at reasonable rates, but I'll have to give you directions as I can't remember the name.

Its directly opposite the Hotel Juneaux. Simply walk up to main road from the church/main square and take the first turning on the left past the Copa Pan and you're there.

My mate rented last year's top level skis when we were there the same week a year ago. It was full of snow, bitterly cold, a howling wind was coming through and visibility down to bug all yards ... just how I like it Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's the one we used - and as I say, all were pleased. It's opposite the Jumeaux (that was the hotel we stayed in). I may have got the name wrong (it may not be the Sports Center), but teh picture on their page looks about right. Anyway, 4thefunofit's directions are correct.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skanky, 4thefunofit,

Cheers guys, I'll definitely check it out.

60 days to go....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No probs. Incidentally, this was the view from my hotel window when we stayed there. snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skanky, great view, anyone ask you where the Matterhorn was?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David@traxvax, Very Happy

No, but I didn't meet any British there - though there were plenty there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's been a while since I went to Cervinia, but I think there is a hire place with lockers at the mid station. Since there are a few steps to negotiate at the main lift station, as comparative beginners we were glad not to have to lug skis around town. On reflection, I'm not too sure about this! Matteo?????
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Bish, I think there is, yes. However I think that there are a few slots to leave your skis up there even if you've hired them from elsewhere. Also, if you're staying above the bottom station, or down the main road towards the tunnel, you don't need to use the steps and if you stay in certain hotels or complexes, they run mini-buses to the door. So the steps are avoided if you know where to book.

You can also avoid them (and the bottle-neck) by going up the drags, though this involves a short walk along the piste between lifts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy