Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prepare for one of the coldest winters on record!

Poster: A snowHead
That happened at Bath police station in those big anti-ram-raid flower pots. The police removed/incinerated the evidence, but it reappeared the NEXT day. Apparently the CCTV showed no hint of the culprit.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skanky wrote:
She's heard a few local ones (though the only one I remember is that the weather in Courmayeur and Chamonix are usually opposite).

That accords with my (statistically insignificant) observations!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads, andy,

When you say that the police incinerated it, do you mean by rolling it up in small quantities in thin sheeves of paper and then lighting the end? Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray, I heard a funny (true) story about this recently, this happened somewhere in the US of A. A guy took out insurance covering a very valuable box of cigars, he then claimed on the policy saying that they had been destroyed in a series of small fires. The insurance company refused the claim and the guy took them to court, where the judge ruled in favour of the plaintiff, saying that as the circumstances were not specifically forbidden under the terms of the contract, the claim was valid. The insurance company had to pay $24,000. As soon as the cheque was cashed, the claimant was arrested, based on information provided by the insurance company and charged with 24 counts of arson. He's currently doing 2 years and had to pay the insurance company damages and costs. Money going up in smoke?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 14-10-04 12:43; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax, He who laughs last ?.... Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Absolutely, however, getting back to the topic of this post, I've just spoken to one of my sons in La Rosiere, who tells me it's already snowing, has been for a couple of nights. He also said that the snow level at Les Arcs is down to about 2,000 metres and that it's suddenly got a lot colder. Winter's coming!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's what we like to hear, though I'd prefer it to be cold for a week or two before any significant snowfall as that gives a better base
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The holly bush in mu garden has 16743 berries on it what now
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Russell wrote:
The holly bush in my garden has 16743 berries on it what now
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Russell, Ah but how many did it have on last year ? snowHead Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There's hailstones coming down right now outside the house and I'm less than 1km from the seafront hee on the south coast Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
now D G Orf you know we are being more scientific. How many hailstones per square meter per second and what average size?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mark Lehto, ah well in that case it lasted for arround 5 mins I'd guess about 100 hailstones per sqm/sec average size of hailstone 2.5mm diameter
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We'll ask again same time tomorrow, and if there is no hail we can conclude things are warming up.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hailstones are caused by storms, which are caused by convection in unstable air and (simplifying things a bit) could be argued to be sign of warmth (and/or various frontal factors).

Those are quite gtood hailstones though.
snow report
My holly bush is full and last yr, I thought it was dying as it had very few berries. I guess, in a couple of months we will all know for sure........ but its damned cold in Surrey tonight. I am putting the elecy blankie on. Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy