Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hostels in Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any experience in hostels, or anywhere else in Cham that will let me stay odd days (3rd ->7or8th of Jan)?

Also at the end of that time I will need to get over to Les Coches, anyone got any ideas on my best route/mode of transport?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chamonix is a bit upmarket for hostel. I used to run a mobile home in La Plaz the La Roseire camp site, the only one in Cham. The owner has sold out because land is so valuable there. There are manily hotels there.

If you have own transport then staying in Sallanche may be the cheapest, say in Ibis hotel there.

Don't know Les Coches. If you mean Les Houches then it can be reach by bus just a few miles outside Chamonix.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I mean Les Coches, it's smack in the middle of paradiski... I just hope it does not feel too much on the edge of both areas! big piste map

I am trying to link a family holiday with a holiday some friends are taking, and it means 5 days free. The current plan is to come back to the UK and do some days work... I am thinking I can just ski these days Very Happy

perhaps I will leave cham, and head over to les arcs or la plagne if there is more reasonable accommodation over there.

this is the suggested route between the resorts... I don’t have my own transport, is this route going to work in the winter? I would prefer not to have to go back to Geneva!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There was a gite in Chamonix called the vagabond, v cheap and cheerful, my sons stayed there for awhile before they sorted a permanent residence. It was very well known.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yup,

There is definitely a hostel in Chamonix - I stayed there for just one night a few years ago. It was very basic (refuge style) but very very cheap and was close to the centre of things. We were more than happy with it. I can't remember the name though Puzzled

Try the Cham tourist office - they should know of it.

Meg
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For Paradiski Flying squirrel should be able to help. He got s pub near the new link between Les Arcs and La Plagne. PG also got a place in Boug St Maurice within walking distance to Les Arcs funicular, so does HG. They are all members here. You get great deals out of them. I am going to sample PG's place this Christmas.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a Youth Hostel in Chamonix, try http://www.chamonix.fuaj.org/index-en.php.
I've seen that adverts though for Vagabond and this appears to be a better bet: www.gitevagabond.com.
Bit of a trek from Chamonix to Paradiski without a car. You may want to review this.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info, the Vagabond looks just fine.

Unfortunately I have no choice in where I go for the 2 legs of my holiday, I have sub-contracted holiday organisation Very Happy

I am thinking that maybe I should hire a car... looks about £300 for the whole time I am out. This would mean I don’t need to pay for transfers etc, but it's still a lot of money!

I will contact the Cham tourist place and see if they have any ideas for getting around the alps in winter.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fragglerock, two planks and some skins? Wink

Actually, looking at the prices of transfers around that part of the Alps, the hire car could be pretty close - with the advantage of flexibility while you're there.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy