Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fall Line's 'Guerrilla Night'. Beyond the pale?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's the ad for Fall Line's apres-ski show 'Guerrilla Night' on 15 October.
Call me a pacifist (I'm not) but is this acceptable?:
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well David, if "we" find acceptabel skis depicting a woman's throat about to be slashed by Freddy Kruger...
Besides, the ad has given me an idea, I've got one of those M1 helmets at home
I might save some bucks and wear it this winter while skiing!!!!
ahr ahr
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith, I'm not the biggest Kubrik fan, but that poster looks like a copy of his movie, Full Metal Jacket...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093058/posters

And that movie did not glorify war, in fact, quite the opposite.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fox, it does not "looks like a copy", it is a copy.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As far as I can see, if it's a rip-off of a Stanley Kubrick poster (which it clearly is - thanks, Fox) that makes it even worse.
What does it for me is "Shock and awe starts 7pm"
Not with me it doesn't.
I'd probably throw the mains switch on the whole damned party if I had the chance.

[I hasten to add that Fall Line runs a superb ski test, and has a distinguished history as a ski magazine. Which makes this kind of 'fashionable irony' even more unacceptable, to my eyes]

Matteo - what's this ski ad you're talking about? Is it on the net for us to look at?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
errr what's actually wrong with it?

matteo - yeah i remember seeing those designs a while back.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
enter the Twilight Zone...http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=2679

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 8-10-04 16:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dan wrote:
errr what's actually wrong with it?

What's right with it? They've ripped off someone's work, without even an acknowledgment. They're presumably making out that they're some sort of revolutionaries.

Personally I've had a bellyfull of war, machine guns and people using that imagery to promote things.

If someone can tell me what's right with it, fine.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DG, Rossignol brought out a version of their Scratch BC, but had to quickly withdraw it after an outcry about the image on the tips of the skis, which resembled a woman with her neck slashed open
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy