Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

From St Bernard’s to Battersea?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not quite, but it appears that this much loved breed might itself have to be saved by well wishers if they are to continue to be seen walking the St Bernard’s Pass that crosses from Switzerland into Italy. The St Bernard’s Hospice, home to the monks who have for centuries cared for the dogs, has decided to sell its remaining eighteen animals, made redundant by helicopters and heat sensors.

CNN report

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just hope the buyers aren't the Chinese or the Korean.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You'll still find St Bernards in La Rosiere, despite the fact the Hospice de Petit St Bernard has been closed for many years. I keep waiting for one to pitch up carrying the barrel of brandy, but I guess that's just an old monk's tale.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David@traxvax wrote:
You'll still find St Bernards in La Rosiere, despite the fact the Hospice de Petit St Bernard has been closed for many years. I keep waiting for one to pitch up carrying the barrel of brandy, but I guess that's just an old monk's tale.

I'm not so sure that there isn't a mogul field where they're taken for a walk. Watch your step now.. Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Update here from Swissinfo
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As I mentioned elsewhere the monks run the monastery at the St Bernards pass as a ski refuge in winter and you stay in the 17th century monks' dormatories (and can view the treasures and go to early service in the chapel if so inclined). There is a huge relief sculpture on the grand staircase to mark Napoleon's crossing of the alps. A great experience: has anyone else stayed there when touring?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No, I've only ever driven over the pass in summer, rather than use the tunnel. Very strange place, no trees, no vegatation, just the old refuge at the top of the pass and very cold. When I was there, in August, it was about 11 or 12 degrees only. I'm not sure where any ski-touring would take place.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The monastery is at the Great St Bernard pass and was founded by St Bernard, who later founded a hospice at the Little St Bernard Pass.
I found this about the touring but have not found pictures of the monastery yet.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 8-10-04 13:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, more about the monastery and a picture of the inside of the chapel, or perhaps I should say abbey church.here
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mark Hunter, isn't that why some Swiss slopes have now been regraded as yellow?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy