Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2014 Winter Games in France?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Gap in the southern French Alps has announced that it intends putting itself forward as the third French candidate for the Winter Olympics. Not for a few years yet, but if Paris doesn't get the Summer Olympics in 2012, each hopes to win the race to host the Games in 2014.

A feasibility study was announced today by the new commission, chaired by Luc Alphand, which is to present its findings early 2005. Gap, a small town of some 38,000 inhabitants, is nonetheless larger than Lillehammer, which hosted the 1994 Games.

Both Annecy and Grenoble have also stated that they are keen to host the 2014 Games. All three will wait until the success or failure of the Paris bid for 2012 has been announced next July before presenting their projects. Should Paris be successful, they will delay their bids for another four years.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That would pitch the French contender against Sofia, Salzburg and Tromso, as things stand. I wonder which mountains would be used for the ski racing by Grenoble and Gap respectively?...

...and having pitched that question, it seems - according to this piece on
PisteHors - that Chamrousse (which hosted the ski racing for the 1968 Grenoble Olympics) might be chosen again.

Mind you, I think they might look for some steeper slopes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpe d'Heuz was originally built as the Olympic village for the '68 winter games, could be why I think it looks like Basildon with snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy