Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Defiant young Iranians go skiing, rather than voting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Disillusioned with politics, young skiers in Iran are heading for lift stations rather than polling stations. On the slopes, strict Islamic laws are being flouted as some girls ski bare-headed, with chairlifts shared by members of the opposite sex.

This report from today's edition of Gulf News Online highlights some daring defiance at the Iranian ski resorts of Shemshak and Dizin.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shemshak was always considered the place for the youngsters when I lived near there mid 90's. One chair lift and a couple of longish red runs which often had some impressive moguls. The good guys would show off in front of their girl friends.

Dizin as the article says was the old resort built by the Shah pre-revolution. And it shows. How they keep the lifts going is a tribute to improvisation. Nice north facing snow bowl with the bottom at 8,250 ft and the top over 11,000 ft so quite a respectable vertical descent. Average annual depth at the top is 7m.

Being a bigger resort, Dizin attracted the attention of the 'thought police' and was more strictly managed as regards segregated queues etc. But this article indicates things may be easing there too. No way I ever skiied there bare-headed. It was just too cold !! It was never a problem getting a soft drink or a Mars bar even during Ramadan. What Islamic states do and do not permit is often a source of bafflement.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy