Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Bandit X - Any Thoughts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have an opportunity to get some '04 Bandit X skis and was looking for some feedback... some web searching has found positive comments from users of this ski... I've been away from skiing for many years, and with the kids getting into snowboarding I'm looking at gettng on the slopes with them... I gave the sport up because of knee surgery (didn't want to go through that again) but my knee has been strong for many years now... also, how would the Bandit X stack up against the Dynastar Skicross 9... as always, your feedback appreciated... thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tapar1, There are a couple on ebay if you fancy them.

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=interskisnowco&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

They're the same ski I use (including length). I'm 5'11", 13 stone of mediocre skiier.

I like them a lot and would be happy to recommend them. I've never skiied the Dynastar myself, but online reviews favour the Rossi.

BTW, I don't think there was a '04 Bandit X - it was replaced by the B2. IIRC.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bandit X is the B1,
XX = B2
XXX = B3
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
WTFH, any chance you can simplify that for us?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, I think I just sunk your battleship!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thats not what I heard Fox, the guys in the USofA mags tell that

X=B2
xx=B3

'n B1 was even more flexy/forgiving than the X, a sort of X/2 or x, to make it available to all.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marc gledhill, Looking at the changes between the 02/03 line and the 03/04:

Code:

109/70/99   B1 '03/'04     107/70/97      X   '02/'03
113/76/103  B2 '03/'04     110/74/100    XX  '02/'03
122/94/112  B3 '03/'04     123/90/110    XXX '02/'03

One is forced to admit that WTFH's correlation cannot be easily improved upon (without looking at flex and comparing to such beasties as the Rebel X and the B1 W).

However, in typical Jutland-era thinking, he completely forgot about my aircraft carrier(s): XXXX (or my () submarines).

Now, the question is, what is tapar1 looking at? Peter Keelty at www.realskiers.com tells us that there WAS a Bandit X for the 03/04 season, with the '97mm mogul-happy tails and in 177cm vs. 176cm for the B1, 184cm vs. 182cm for the B1.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks for the feedback everyone... here is the url to the ski that I am looking at - http://www.skimag.com/skimag/buyers_guide/app/product/0,15058,ski250,00.html
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah. Large slice of humble pie for me please. Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for the feedback everyone... here is the url to the ski that I am looking at - http://www.skimag.com/skimag/buyers_guide/app/product/0,15058,ski250,00.html
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tapar1, I don't know whether you've actually had an answer to your question?

The skimag link is a little suspect because they only show 160cm-144cm ; I am wondering if this might be a junior model?

I apologise, I've skied neither the X nor the Skicross 9. Intuitively speaking (i.e. based on my own prejudice) I would pick the Rossi for ease.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why buy over the internet? I worked in a ski shop for 6 years over here and its so much safer buying in-resort. You can test a selection of skis only paying for the rental if you don't buy. You can find out which pair suits you and try in different conditions. You can be advised by an experienced sales person and often there is more choice in resrot than in your local ski shop (with perhaps the exception of S&R in London). And whilst I'm on the subject, I've seen so many people having bought the most beautiful pair of boots at home, ski in them for a day only to find that work needs to be done. If you can find a 'Comformable' stockist, the shop has been trained in foot beds and pushing the shell of the boot (sometimes gaining up to 1 size), if you have bought through the shop in resort this work is very often covered in the cost of the boot, buy at home and you'll pay full whack and then for the work which can be around £50 (for the complete works).
P.S I don't work in a shop anymore - in case any of you were wondering!!

PPS Depending on the type of skier you are and how much you weigh the Bandit X may be appropriate I'd personally go for the XX, check out the Salmon Verse 9.0- great ski, very versitle, you can take them quite short and they are still forgiving but in my book they have more 'zsang' than the X Bandit. Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy