Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Lifts in La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Watched the engineers testing the new lifts in La Ros last week. The old Roches Noire chair lift, 3 seater and 13 minutes duration has been replaced by a 6 seat demountable high speed lift which takes 6 minutes to get to the summit of the Roc Noir, beyond the top of the old lift. That's going to quadruple capacity getting out of the village. There is a new top station being built with terrific views, Mont Blanc to the North, Aiguille Rouge to the South. It links into the Raclette piste (red) down to the Traversette and the Teleseige Du Fort, two lifts and two pistes to get to the link to Italy even more quickly. There's also a new 6 seat demountable up from Les Eucherts to the top of Slalom/Snow Park. Masque has some photos, which I'm sure he'll post when he returns next week.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent news, will be looking forward to that in the first week of February. I assume the seats will be gloriously padded and maybe a bread bin cover as well?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris, sorry no covers, you'll have to wait until you get to Italy for that degree of luxury. although they do look as if they are generously upholstered.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David@traxvax, Is this the end for you quiet little gem. The only thing that stopped us visiting in the past was the lift sytem (drags). How long before the resort looses its quiet, backwater charm. 14 of us are visiting for the 1st time at Easter.

Do you advise booking lessons early at that time of year?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Rosiere is expanding fast, but I don't think it will ever lose its special charm. All the building is tightly controlled and the regional government won't upgrade the road up from BSM so there's a limit on the number of visitors. Easter is a great time to visit, usually long sunny days and lots of snow.

We've never found a problem with booking lessons for guests when they arrive but you can book online at www.larosiere.net and click through to ski-schools or go to our website www.tracksvacations.com in activites you'll find a direct link to all the ski schools.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great new on the new lift David. Do you know when you're likely to out there next season yet?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mark, I'm going out for Xmas but I'll be back in the UK over New Year, unfortunately. Then I'll just try to fit in the odd week or so throughout the season, definitely will be in La Ros for the last week of the season. My son has now taken over the chalet opposite us, if you fancy going kite-skiing/boarding he's the guy to see, he's also into off-piste and extreme. You can contact him, via his website www.morealps.com.

When are you going?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Look like I will strike first at Christmas and keep the seats warm for the rest. Just hoping the snow will reach the bottom of Ecudet chairlift at 1176 as it is a long drive up to the La Rosiere 1850.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
saikee, even if the run isn't open the chair runs as it's the link into the Espace San Bernardo, you won't have a problem.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
David, not sure just yet when we're looking to go out, but early in the New Year looks best bet. Maybe 2nd week in Jan - either that or take the last week again and hopefully get some decent competition from Masque in the local fleche, should they be running one. Thanks for the link BTW.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Masque has some photos, which I'm sure he'll post when he returns next week.

Is Masque home yet. I neeeeeeeeeeed photos Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque is home but he hasn't emailed me yet, I'll give him a reminder.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David, do you have any idea if any of the ski schools will take an 8yr old all day for just 2 days, with a good chance of other English kids? I've tried your site, it seems that Evolution 2 may, but it's not too clear. We're going on 20th December, so I wonder if it's worth booking this in advance. Thanks.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jane, I'm sure it won't be a problem at that time, I don't think Evo2 or even the ESF are open yet, if you pm me I'll give the mobile number of the deputy director of the ESF in La Ros who's English. I know he'll help you.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jane L, We prebooked lessons for our 5 and 6 year old last season. Very easy to do by telephone. The Lady who answered the telephone speaks very good English. We had lessons from 11am to 1pm which they recommend young English speaking children to take. Have a look on their website which gives you some details and you can book through if you know what you want.

http://www.esflarosiere.com/uk/esf.html
snow conditions
Any news of the tows between La Rosiere and La Thuile being upgraded Puzzled

As a darksider who has spend many painful trips on these tows I have a vested interest.

Mind you, I'll miss that flying start (great fun with only one foot strapped in)!!! Shocked

meg
snow report
Not this year, if ever. I was told that the reason, apart from the expense is that the drags have a greater capacity than a chair. Best flying start is on one the drags alongside the beginners slopes out of the village.
latest report
Thanks for the help on lessons. I will book just before we go I think, but I definately want all day, as he's been skiing all day since he was 4, and I don't really want to mess him around by skiing when he expects his lunch.
snow report
The Fort chair is being replace with a high speed quad (not bike)
snow report
Is this a record for the oldest thread to be resurrected?
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

Ha ha, nice one Smile
That's quite an old thread you've revived there - I wonder if Masque ever posted the photos of the 6 seater chairlift David@traxvax mentioned? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Okanagan wrote:
Is this a record for the oldest thread to be resurrected?
Not really a resurrection is it; more the latest news on the original title. A welcome change as the Fort is a popular chair, on the route to Italy and serves 3 good pistes.
latest report
I take it the Fort chair is the old 3 seater that brings you up to the Fort from the Italian side? That chair always makes me nervous due to its antiquated state and the bid drop off to the right hand side!
snow report
Fogliettaz, no it is the slow 4 man on the other side that meets your lovely chair at the Fort.
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

Ha ha, nice one Smile
That's quite an old thread you've revived there - I wonder if Masque ever posted the photos of the 6 seater chairlift David@traxvax mentioned? Madeye-Smiley

Most likely response....

wink
snow conditions
I agree that the old lift back from Italy is not the best. I did wonder what would happen if it broke down and we were stranded in Italy whilst our children were in the ESF club in La Rosiere. Fortunately it didn't stop when we were on it!
ski holidays
Resurrecting an old thread again, but has the chair back to la rosiere from Italy been upgraded yet?
It's a rickety old thing and must be on its last legs.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy