Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BSM/Les Arcs/La Plagne 15-29th January 2005

Poster: A snowHead
PG, nice one, thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG,

Do they do Metron b5's...??

I have to try these out...!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll be in Vallandry from 15-22. I will be either scruffy bearded boarder or aging lothario skier - depending on my mood and the slim chance that (like one week in Tignes a few years ago) the resort is flooded with middle aged Irish women learning how to ski Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm in Les Arcs 20-27th (Thursday -Thursday). Probably with PG for the 1st 2 nights, so I'm game for whatever he is doing with snowHeads then. From Saturday p.m. I'm in the Hotel Vanoise near to Flying Squirrel's pub. Anyone fancy a lunchtime meet there on Monday 24th ?

I won't have a computer from 17th onwards. Mobile Phone for texts is 00 965 9720647 (voice calls will be international and expensive).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm will be in the resort from the 18th-25th Jan.
I will try and drag my crew there on the 24th for lunch. Lunch being 1pm.

This supercedes my meet with Skanky as I probably will still be en-route on the 17th now... B*******..!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
1pm Monday 24th sounds good, we will try to meet up with you all then. We are out from 22nd to 29th with three friends.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HG, good on you. Test txt recvd and replied.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Where is the Flying Squirrel in relation to the Vanoise Express? I had a quick look last time I skied down to Peisey and could find the bar. can you ski to it?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At this rate we will need someone a master of ceromonies...!!!

Up the piste from the Vanoise Express although I don't know how far
as I will come from La Plagne...!!!

Apparently it is left at the hotel Vanoise and through the block of buildings as you come down the blue run,
Mind you, don't take my word for it I have never been to the area....

Look through the thread for PG's map " you can find it here" he says...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:
Pretty easy to find - as you ski down the Ours (or the parallel blue, can't remember the name) with the Vanoise Express and new 6 man chairlift in front of you, you go past the Hotel La Vanoise on your left, about 200 yards before the bottom of the run. If you stop just before you get to this hotel (where Kuwait Ian is staying) and take the road that runs down to your left, the F.S. bar is in a group of shops about 100m down on your right.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Now in the ongoing and wholly regrettable absence of snowHeads stickers and to raise the tone of this auspicious event (and aid identification) may I suggest bow ties be worn. Cool We don't need an MC but a toastmaster might come in handy. wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Numbers for 24th currently Skanky, PG, Masque, K_I, JT + ?, Mr & Mrs HG +3, and rob rar. Could be 11 + should we warn FS in advance or is not that sort of place ??
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kuwait_ian,

I think it would be rude not to...
I will be there but I could have 8 others - it depends as I haven't been able to speak to them, they went skiing, the bugs..!!

As for ID, I don't know how realistic a bow tie is...
Could we not ask FS to put a Union jack on the table or something then all snowheads would recognise it as an international sign of distress and that we are dying of thirst and can introduce themselves as they sit down...or..??
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the directions. Must have skied past it previously; this time I'll start looking before I get to the Vanois Express.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You can't see it from the piste - it's a bit of a walk down from the Hotel la Vanoise.... don't try it from the Vanoise Express itself, it's all uphill.
snow report
I'll pop in to see Will on Sat or Sun to forewarn him of a possible snowHeads invasion. The more we get the easier it will be to spot the beer swilling, back-slapping bunch. JT, if your mob are not yet snowHeads they should sign up quick to get the special FS discount. If I remember I'll take a bow tie for the craic.
snow conditions
kuwait_ian,

Don't worry about my lot, I am their guide for the day and as such they will be in the chair., Ha!!

I can't get them to sign up they are skiing as I write, I will not see them again until I meet them in La Plagne...!!
ski holidays
JT, only if the Union flag is upside down.
snow report
David@traxvax,
Shhh, only Brits are supposed to know...!!
latest report
Plenty of Brits don't!.

Anyway, I'll be there on 24th - there may be a few others with me. I'll call in there a lunchtime or two before that day as well.
snow report
skanky,

Me too, and I'll take my chances with who is around but I'll be there on the 24th.
I can't make the 17th as I wil be travelling down then.... If anythings changes I'll get back to you.
snow conditions
Losing track of these threads... but somewhere I mentioned watching an inter-club super G and GS on the weekend of the 15th at Les Arcs, but this event has been shifted to Tignes where the stadium is in better nick for the speed events....
ski holidays
PG, is there any racing 22/23 Jan in Les Arcs?
snow conditions
Unless I can organise a bed for a couple of xtra nights and re-organise transport I have to head back eve on the 22nd. But I'll play it by ear, might even try the midweek train to Calais and foot passanger over the creek to Dover!
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
PG, is there any racing 22/23 Jan in Les Arcs?

Well not in Les Arcs, but there sure is just across in La Plagne, at the Jean-Luc Crétier stadium in Plagne Centre - and an international event really worth watching.

There's a floodlit night event, a European Cup men's slalom taking place there on both the Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately it looks as if I'll have to be at the regional Children 1 finals in Crest Voland that weekend, though I might be able to get back in time.....

[edit] If I do go I'll drive straight there from Crest Voland, so that might solve the problem of getting back to the Les Arcs side after the Vanoise closes - I'll have 6 spare seats.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 10-01-05 9:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Masque, might be able to help out there...
ski holidays
Okay, I'm getting confused as to what's one when and where and who's where, when. Shocked
snow conditions
skanky, you've lasted this long?!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, I probably just thought I was following it, but like the cartoon character who's just run off the cliff, I've had another look...
snow report
As far as I know, the meet is at the FS on the 24th at 1:00pm.
kuwait_ian, will advise FS that we are meeting and the numbers are
Skanky, PG, Masque, K_I, JT + ?, Mr & Mrs HG +3, and rob rar. What with guests
that could be a number easily in the teens so far...

Anymore for anymore.
snow conditions
So it's on for the second week. Sounds good to me.
Some are around before that, but if it's complicated to meet up earlier, that may be best.

I might check-out some of the racing at some point, too.
ski holidays
skanky, I thought you were asking about the racing !!!! I'd got a bit confused over that too. Re the meeting JT had originally proposed a meetup on 17th but then discovered he was travelling that day. Don't think anyone other than you and he were involved for that date. So the 24th nows seems to have taken off as the favourite. Until someone changes it.
ski holidays
kuwait_ian, yeah I think I got confused once I started taking the racing into account, too. Seeing as various snowheads have expressed an intrerest in seeing one bit or two at some point, I wondered if it was worth meeting up when if watching any of it. Looking at that, I got confused and gave up, think it best just to stick to the 24th meeting. Of course, if anyone (you & Masque I think fit this bill) are in BSM at any point let us know. Will quite happily make an evening meet in a bar somewhere.
ski holidays
If anyone does want to go to the race in La Plagne on the Saturday night (22nd), I don't mind giving them a lift back to Vallandry/Peisey. Think rob@rar will have a car, so if he comes across he'll be heading back up to Arc 1800 as well.

It's not a World Cup race, but's it's just one step down in terms of quality...
snow report
skanky, I'm up at Vallandry next week (may be able to stay a couple of days longer to the 24/25th). I'm up for a beer anytime and I owe PG a chinky so I'll definitely be down in BSM for more than one evening. Any prob with hooking up for lunch on the hill and some ‘action’ pics of SlushNuts at their ‘best’?
snow report
PG, there may well be a few of us up for the 22nd. Wasn't Hannou racing one weekend around there, too? Or was that the race that got moved?

Masque sounds good to me...and if the weather doesn't pick up, it could be literally slushnuts... Sad
snow conditions
Yes I will have a car and quite fancy seeing a European Cup race - never seen a decent slalom, so that would be good. Happy to give up to 3 people a lift back to BSM or Les Arcs if they need it.
ski holidays
skanky, the race that's moved is over the weekend of the 15th/16th (Tignes) - the following weekend she has a slalom in Notre Dame de Bellecombe on Saturday 22nd, a Super G on the Sunday 23rd at Crest Voland - a couple of resorts just down the road from Megève. About an hour and 20 mins back to La Plagne from there...
ski holidays
PG, okay thanks. I think I'm getting my head around it again...
snow report
Article in Today's DT, mainly about Vallandry. Usual stuff.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy