Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic 10-16 skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought these skis a couple of years ago and am surprised/concerned/proud (delete as appropriate) to find absolutely no mention of them on the internet or in any shops as old stock. I realise they are no longer produced, but most old models (especially Atomic - not exactly uncommon) have some kind of following.

I'm really pleased with them - they suit my style of (or lack thereof!) skiing perfectly and are good fun to boot. I often wonder why I've never seen another pair of them on the slopes. Or in the shops. Or on the internet.

It even got to the point where I used to take them in for servicing and the technician would corner me for fifteen minutes asking about them - clearly he'd never seen a pair either.

Has anyone else ever seen these around, or did I just stumble upon a relic - something that might appear on Antiques Roadshow in a couple of years worth £10k!!! Perhaps I should stop using them as rock skis up at the Lecht? (joke)

I must admit it's nice to have something that's about as far from common as you can get (complete opposite of my otherwise lovely Technica Icon boots). I just don't know whether the reason I'm the only person in the Southern Hemisphere to own a pair is a good or a bad thing...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where did you get them ? I notice that Atomic (in common with others) have some specials they produce for one chain or another, or a line that's for hire only not general sale. I've a pair of 8.22's I use for messing around and spares that I don't think are widely sold.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bought them from Beans of Bicester. Hardly a megastore! Funnily enough, I bought them after trying them and reading a good review on the web. Never seen the review since, and never seen them to rent either!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ok, here's the deal: they were brought out for the 01/02 season, and were mainly sold in Italy and Eastern Europe. One guy on Epic (Need BB) has a pair, and one shop in Canada still has stock of them (Corbetts Sport) for under £200.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for finding that out. Bit worrying they were only made for Italy and Eastern Europe - perhaps they were some dodgy knockoff!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This sort of thing happens from time to time sometimes because of the names or colours put on the skis two different versions are made for different markets other times they just produce a limited run and send it through one distribution channel, Atomic usually produce good skis so I can't see there being any problems with the skis themselves.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's put my mind at rest a bit, DG. To be honest, I've found them to be great skis - not the absolutely best when your schussing at speed, but excellent carvers (just think about swapping edges and they do it all for you). I only really appreciated the difference when switching to a pair of hire skis the other weekend - the hire skis were great if you want rubber bands!

As I said earlier as well, it's quite nice to have something a bit different - Atomics seem pretty popular, so to have an unusual model can be a talking point, if nothing else.

Was a bit concerned to see a thread on another forum that someone posted about Atomic bindings being a bit suspsect. Must say that so far (touch wood), I've never had any problems, although I'm pretty careful in scraping off all the snow from my boots before clicking in.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy