Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

european teen resorts

Poster: A snowHead
hey guys!!! im 17 years old and a pretty much ski whatever slope i feel like. this february my parents and i will be taking a ski trip to europe and they are letting me decide where we go!!! i want a place where there are other people my age to meet and go out with and i wouldnt mind practicing a language (french or german). i also want to drink a bit since i will be of legal age!! any good places you can steer me towards?? thanks bunches!!! Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi rammstein258, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead !
Les 2 Alpes isn't often put forward as a suggestion here, but it's one of my favourites, and it's got pretty much everything for first time visitors to France.

It's a big resort, with a sizeable expat English-speaking community if your French isn't up to the task! It's not as expensive, or 'stuck up', as some of the classical Savoie resorts further north. One of the friendliest places I know. For anyone after a bit of culture, it's a mix of new and old - the far end of the resort is a real 'village', with some great restaurants. Mixed in with that is as much night life as you can handle.

As for the ski area, not the biggest but plenty to do with around 140 miles of groomed runs, plenty of varied terrain, 7,000 feet of vertical, and a glacier. One of the best snowparks around, including a great skier/boardercross.

I've had a fantastic time each visit. Ideal for families with younger kids too, there's so much to do away from the slopes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rammstein258, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rammstein258, I'd like to make a prophecy. Sometime in the next 24 hours, you'll receive a recommendation from a Snowhead called DG Orf that you go to the Jungfrau region of Switzerland (he might cover his tracks by calling it Murren, Wengen, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen). He may be absolutely right, but he'd give the same answer if you asked him where you could buy the best artificial Rolex in the Alps.

I'd suggest that you play on the differences between European and American skiing. Most US resorts are relatively small with a limited vertical drop, so I'd go for a place that connects to a huge ski area with some gigantic thigh-burning mega-runs; the Espace-Killey and the Three Valleys would meet this criteria.

The trouble is that most resorts of this kind have an international tourist culture. You might be hard pushed to find anyone willing to speak French or German - they'll all be trying to practice their English on you.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
so I'd go for a place that connects to a huge ski area with some gigantic thigh-burning mega-runs; the Espace-Killey and the Three Valleys would meet this criteria.

Or of course 'Paradiski' (Les Arcs/La Plagne) Wink
Quote:
The trouble is that most resorts of this kind have an international tourist culture. You might be hard pushed to find anyone willing to speak French or German - they'll all be trying to practice their English on you.

Most French only practice their English under extreme coercion!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonny Jones, I think this might be the one time when DG Orf doesn't make that suggestion!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PG,
Quote:

Most French only practice their English under extreme coercion

As a regular visit to France, I've always found that to be true in the past. But I've seen a marked attitute change over the past few years, especially amongst younger people in the big tourist destinations - the Cote d'azur, Paris, the Alps. Perhaps they just can't bear to hear me torturing their beautiful language, but whenever I address someone in French, they answer me in English.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonny Jones, Ah, but to the real Frenchman, some parts of Paris, the Boulevard des Anglais and Méribel don't count as France - they're occupied territory!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonny Jones, Wrong Laughing Elizabeth B, right Cool Whilst Wengen is a very nice place to ski with great scenery, and from memory in Switzerland 17 year olds can get beer and possibly wine (though not spirits) I would not suggest it for a 17 year old, firstly in February it will be full of young kids on half term, secondly it's not a good resort for nightlife which most 17 year olds would like
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
C'mon Nadenoodlee - as a snowHead in good standing, probably the closest to teens in age and of course a well-known party animal, we need your suggestions...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd recommend Kitzbuhel for nightlife. The only thing lacking is challenging skiing which is limited to a few runs for advanced skiers whilst the rest is intermediate, although the area is well linked so you can put some miles in every day. Go in February as the resort isn't that high but it should be fine peak season for snow. Or St Anton for both skiing and nightlife.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ill be sure to check these out!! thanks again for your help and ill tell ya how it turns out!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well I went to Pas de la casa in Andorra when I was 17, with 2 other 17 year olds and my 14 year old cousin and we had a great time! Always loads of young people, really friendly fun resort, huge ski area and amazing nightlife, if you're parents are easy going you should have a great time!

and Kuwait_Ian, im getting old im 22 and a month on friday -I went to a "school disco" night in the local cheesey club last night and felt old!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Val D'Isere is a great place for nightlife. Awesome skiing too.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
if rammstein258 is looking for his first drinks&skiis Bulgaria would be challenge. you can go to Borovetz, Pamporovo or Bansko where the best prises for little money. thats for sure the cheapest in Europe. you can also practise your English there Puzzled www.banskotravel.com
snow report
Soelden might be worth considering. It attracts a young crowd--especially on weekends. That crowd tends to be heavily German but the UK is also well-represented. Additionally, most German kids speak decent English. And the skiing is great.

Soelden has more affordable accomodations than Ischgl or Arlberg, and that's the reason I suspect it attracts a younger crowd.
latest report
Soll used to be great for night life, I have many happy memories of the Austrian night club bar prices increasing on the hourI. Back then I was young enough not to care. Its low altitude however can mean its snow cover is uncertain at times.
snow report
Val D'Isere. Dick's T-Bar. Need I say more?
ski holidays
Only 2 resorts in the Alps that meet the criteria, if you're going to ski anywhere in Europe for the first time, Chamonix and St Anton. Both great party towns and both with the most awesome un-american skiing. Nuff said.
snow report
David@traxvax, Its only when I read your post that I correctly understand the topic. Thanks David. Also echo your reply.
snow report
I'd second what JohnnyC says about VD, but Dick's?? If you want to have a wild time (not so much my kind of thing any more) maybe Victors/Bananas/LPD on saisonnaires-day-off...

Chamonix is definitely another option (stay in Chamonix Sud for a younger crowd - plenty of s/c as well and good access to the aiguille).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy