Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Photo of the day

Poster: A snowHead
It's from Milton Keynes Xscape last weekend, the riders aren't named, but it's a stunning boardercross action pic from the AIM Series event.

The story that goes with it has been posted up on natives.co.uk.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here's a great shot of cornice jumping from Tasman Glacier Backcountry, Mt Cook National Park, New Zealand. It shows the fabulous depths of snow currently covering the north and south islands.

The skier is Alex Gorka, and the photographer Tim Woolford. It's on the snow.co.nz site.

[N.B. Cornice jumping doesn't come with a government health warning, but it carries the risk that these massive chunks of snow tend to fall when equilibrium and gravity get together. This is a common cause of avalanches.]
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why do boarders always look constipated, and skiers the reverse?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
scream, what? Just soiled themselves?
No wonder you lot mourn the end of C&A's brown salopettes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What d'you mean, the end? I've only had mine 15 years - plenty of wear left in them.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Here's one for us typists and spell checkers: Glen Plake edits.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Plake - such a superhero his new boot is called krypton! see here
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This spectacular 'rear view' has just reached snowHeads, via our global satellite:

A very democratic snow tow - and less struggle than you get on the average T-bar

[The photo's by Timmah. The two riders are Nate Bellinger and Anders Tyhr.
It's on the snow.co.nz site.]
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another one from snow.co.nz. As their caption says:

"The sun sets on another perfect season for the majority of ski areas today (not Turoa)". The photo is by Michael.

It seems that the ski season at Turoa continues for one more week, and this report today from stuff.co.nz sums up what a great season New Zealand has enjoyed this summer (sorry, winter).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This magnificent powder pic - location and skier unknown - is by Tom Winter, on the freeskier.com site.

A superb composition, which makes you wonder whether the slope was skied specifically to create such a beautiful image, or whether it 'just happened'. The opportunity must have been so rare and so hard to achieve, I imagine it was a careful collaboration by photographer and skier.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Goldsmith, at a guess, I'd say it was alaska, hence the photo name, but I can't be more precise than that.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here's something we see little of: a wallride extension to a half-pipe, providing the thrust for a fakie. The advice, according to the caption, is "have your weight centred, constantly adjusting between toes and heels. The stall is more toes, the fakie drop-in is more heels."

The photo is by Nate Abbott on the Freeze magazine site.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another one from Freeze. The skier and photographer are not named, but the air is exceptional.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cross-country ski photos rarely get an airing in this downhill-obsessed community, but this one certainly has a 'be there' quality. Indeed, has there ever been a more snow-laden scene?

The location and photographer are unknowns.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another huge air shot from Freeskier Magazine.

The event was the Ultimate Bumps and Jumps event in Steamboat, Colorado.
snow conditions
Thanks - I've really enjoyed having a peek at these Very Happy
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
scream, what? Just soiled themselves?
No wonder you lot mourn the end of C&A's brown salopettes

Very Happy - That's funny...
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, Wow Very Happy
snow conditions
Here's one from Utah photographer Lee Cohen, who's the subject of a new feature article on the Skiing Magazine website. It's not indicated where it was shot, or who the skier was, but he must be confident of landing in about 10ft of goose down. For a supersize version click here (zoom button at bottom right of photo).

The article about Lee Cohen is here.
The slide show on which the photo above is featured is here.
latest report
David Goldsmith, he'll stick the landing. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Here's a shot from a freestyle competion last April in Heavenly and isn't it Credit Sacramento Bee file/Bryan Patrick
snow report
That's extraordinary! I've never seen an aerial shot quite like that. I can only guess that he had a huge amount of air to be confident of stretching full out and inverted.
ski holidays
This less-than-flattering (!) ski jumping photo was shot two days ago (Saturday) at Garmisch-Partenkirchen and shows the current nordic superstar, Janne Ahonen of Finland, 'bottoming-out' after landing in a near-record jump for the hill. But it didn't disqualify him - see the caption.

For the story behind the photo, check this news report from Helsingin Sanomat.
ski holidays
'Winter backflip' by Christian Tremblay: aerial photos don't come much better than this!
snow report
David Goldsmith, very impressive, where's his head gone then Smile
ski holidays
doogo wrote:
David Goldsmith, very impressive, where's his head gone then Smile

It's almost certainly up his back bottom.
ski holidays
Very impressive auto moderation. I actually wrote '@rse' (with an 'a' instead of the '@'); 'bum' might have been better than'back bottom', since he, if he is indeed a he, doesn't have a front one (and 'back bottom' is not an expression I'd use).

BTW, I don't think it's necessary to moderate the word I used; it's a perfectly respectable word for mixed company of all ages.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 11-01-05 16:11; edited 2 times in total
latest report
richmond, you can test iffy words in Preview to see what the profanity filter makes of them. Agree with you - some of it's swops are a bit unnecessary and 'quaint'
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here's a photo with a difference. A spectacular crash at an unofficial disabled skiing demo at the Winter X Games in Aspen this week. Yard sale of the year! (the shot's on the Denver Post site)
snow report
From Skiing magazine, a very tasty longshot of powder skiing, photographed by Scott Markewitz.
snow conditions
[quote="David Goldsmith"]Another one from snow.co.nz. As their caption says:

"The sun sets on another perfect season for the majority of ski areas today (not Turoa)". The photo is by Michael.

What a fantastic photo - thats one I'd like to have up at work. You can really spend a minute or two lost in that pic each day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy