Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When is Wengen not the answer?

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone else noticed this ...

Whenever anyone asks any question that begins "which resort ..."

DGO always comes up with "Wengen". Surely there must be something that Wengen can't do.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lets be fair... he said it didnt do hard skiing (blacks n off piste etc) much and it didnt do nightlife much and it didnt do banana plantations much.

And given where he lives I guess he must have said Christchurch at least once.

And he does have some drooly photos to back up his preference!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've already said

No decent nightlife

No significant advanced skiing (it's almost all intermediate and beginner) though there is some nice off piste if you know where to go

No traffic (so you can't park the car in the resort you have to transfer everything up by train)

It's 4 hours from Geneva or Zurich airports, Bern which is much closer, does not have a regular service from the UK though some tour opps sometimes do a flight there for their own customers

Some people don't like the trains up the mountain as it takes 20 to 25mins to get from Wengen up to Kline Schidegg, on the other hand it's a good sit down before the start of the skiing and it carries a lot of people, plus it can run in higher winds than the cablecars etc

It will also never come in as a cheap resort because it's in Switzerland, though it may well be cheaper than you think

Lastly it's not snow certain in early or late season, although it is rare for there to be no snow, there may not be sufficiant to ski back to the resort

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 22-09-04 15:35; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Whenever anyone asks any question that begins "which resort ..."

"...in France...."?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm looking for a great watersports destination, focussing on scuba diving.

What about Wengen? Or should I be looking at La Rosiere?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, Laughing Laughing Laughing

You may have missed this David Confused but this is a forum for snow sports Shocked , not melted snow sports Laughing , I would suggest somewhere with a warmer climate for your requirements NehNeh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, he's just ahead of his time, that's all.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skanky, It's not likely to turn Wengen into a diving center, given that as he very well knows, it is 3000ft above the valley floor Cool If Global warming gets that serious I suggest that we will all have much more to worry about Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf, so Lauterbrunnen won't become a lake any time soon. Hmmm, I was thinking that Wengen & Murren would make great lakeside resorts. Diving to the Trummelbach(sp?)....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah, thought of a question myself - which resort has lots of fun loving, single, tallish up to 6ft more than 5ft6" females, looking for a male ski companion?

DGO - no offence intended!! Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ray Zorro, If I knew the answer to that one I might just go to a new resort Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I'm looking for a great watersports destination, focussing on scuba diving.

Lac de Montriond, close to Morzine, does ice diving during the winter months. Was tempted to try it last year but wimped out like everyone else. Think I read once that you can also go uner the lake at Tignes too, but not too sure about that one.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How big is the surf there?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Lac de Montriond, close to Morzine, does ice diving during the winter months

Imagine - doing that off a 10m high board. Ouch!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes that would require real diving prowess Shocked
ski holidays
When is Wengen (and La Rosière) not the answer? The answer is easy! Toofy Grin

Madeye-Smiley Whenever Les Arcs is Wink (which is all the time.... Madeye-Smiley )
latest report
So if someone wants a nice cheap resort in Italy you'd reccomend Les Arcs then PG Laughing
latest report
D G Orf, Absolutely! Wink (I do it all the time, haven't you noticed?? Madeye-Smiley )
snow report
Quote:

So if someone wants a nice cheap resort in Italy you'd reccomend Les Arcs then PG

Obvious really stay in Les Arcs Bourg St Maurice (nice and cheap) Drive up to La Rosiere ski over to Italy.
The helicopter from here to Wengen is a bit more pricey though Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
PG, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
Ray Zorro, and you thought I was bad Laughing
snow report
Let's get back on topic. The heading was:

When is Wengen not the answer?

As it happens Wengen is not the answer to a number of questions including "What is the capital of Slovenia?" or "Where can I buy dodgy Rolexes?"
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, I'm sure someone in Wengen could fix you up with a dodgy Rolex. And if you asked your average GCSE student, I imagine Wengen would be as good an answer as any to your first question....
ski holidays
PG, they'll have had to have heard of it first.
snow report
skanky why?
latest report
PG, I'm not sure about a dodgy Rolex, but nearby Interlaken has a genuine Rolex dealer Little Angel
latest report
Mark Lehto, it'd be difficult to say that Wengen was the capital of Slovenia if you've never heard of Wengen. That's not a statement on the Wengen, BTW.
snow conditions
skanky, Even harder if you've never heard of Slovenia. I suppose they could guess the answer "S"......
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, yeah but you can guess any town if you've never heard of the country.
latest report
but the capital of Solvenia may be twinned with Wengen?
snow report
What is this a Q&A session for GCSE Geography ?
snow conditions
D G Orf, why is the answer Wengen?
ski holidays
Dan, it's not Confused
ski holidays
Omg....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy