Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Watering holes in Samoens / Morillon.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there folks.

I know that these two places are traditionally family resorts but does anyone know what the bars are like here?? Any help for a 32 yr old desperate to get back to the alps would be much appreciated.

Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlpineAddict, there's a bar in Samoens - I forget the name - on the main drag, on a raised decking platform, near the Presse - for ID, there's an print of the Mona Lisa hung upside down at an angle! It's small but can be v. lively (I forget exactly why there was a group of Frenchmen there in briefs...in March...but I'm sure it was a good reason). There are others - I've never been to the Irish bar but apparently the Guinness is good, there's a French bar (as in, the patrons are French) with a nice little garden, on the road running from the far side of the square to the main road. Reasonably civilised place. The nearest club is the Tomawhack in Verchaix. Others who know the area will be along with more info. Have fun!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're very fond of Morillon, but falling firmly into the family market, not for it's nightlife! Not been there for a three years, but can only remember a small bar directly opposite the gondola frequented mainly by the lifties and could not be described as lively, not even on the day Antoine Denariez (sp?) the 'home boy' won his downhill race. There's also a small hotel where you might be luckier and a couple of decent restaurants. As I say, nightlife is not it's strong suit - good skiing though!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AlpineAddict, Theres a very good irish bar on the way out to the new bubble lift. Look for the Guiness sign, it looks more like a cocktail bar, and I forget the name. My daughterwho would definitely remember is in Madagascar out of contact (lucky her perhaps, but we're off to les menuires next week)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Covey's is the name of the bar but it is somewhat separate from the other bars in the centre of town.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the Aspen is run by gruff but Brit-friendly Patrick - and whilst the comment about family resort is true, there has been a liver-pickling Semaine des Ecossais based there (but spreading the largesse further afield including Morillon, les Saix, Verchaix and Sixt - feulle de rable) around the 2nd week of March every year for the last twenty five years - with members floating in and out with children, spouses and ex's. And being Scots and occasional kilt wearers - sometimes on the piste - one thing you will not see is briefs.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy