Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis at Easter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of booking for a week in Val Cenis for Easter next year. Anyone been before at that time of year? Is it any good, or are we just mad for even thinking about it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not sure Val Cenis is somewhere that lots of Snowheads are familiar with. However I may be proved wrong.

I personally havent been there. But I know; It is relatively high, so on that count you are more than likely to have enough snow at Easter. It is north facing so the snow wont melt particularly fast if the tempratures are low.

I would personally book about a month beforehand. Do you have a reason for wanting to book now? Once again I may be wrong, but I'm sure there will be lots of availability in Val Cenis at that time of year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No real reason for booking this far in advance, other than we like to get it booked and out of the way early and force of habit from trying to get the free kids places (they're just past that stage now).
Also considering Courchevel 1550 and Les Deux Alpes but quite like the idea of quiet, not too overdeveloped areas
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davef, yeah I've thought of going to Lanslebourg.

I very much like this type of smallish resort which has a charming french feel like Montgenevre which isnt too far away from Val Cenis.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We went to Val Cenis for our second ever skiing holiday, I think it was mid-march and it was a serious slushfest below the mid-station - personally I'd steer well clear of it for Easter. From memeory it doesn't give access onto a large ski area either...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hoppo, no it doesn't give access to a largr ski area.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davef, I don't know that resort, but agree that booking now seems a big risk. In France in general Easter is pretty quiet and you should be able to get a good last minute discount especially if you are flexible. There are some snowheads who know the resort well - you'll probably get some better informed responses if you hang on. snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davef;
I have been to Val Cenis & thought it was excellent.................however, it is a quiet resort & you def' wont need to book in advance. Wait & see how the snow conditions are closer to the time & decide then. Its reasonably high, mainly north facing slopes,so would suspect it will be as good as many other places next easter.
Amount of ski area would depend on your level of experience.
If you need any more info on the place please feel free to ask.
Cheers
Mitch
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the help. we're still a good bit off deciding yet, still a few other things to consider.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davef, are you thinking of tour ops? or DIY?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davef, send a PM to srobbo as he's snowhead's resident Val Cenis expert.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thinking of tour ops. A hotel through Crystal, swimming pool and games room for the kids, interconnecting rooms. It sounds like a really nice resort too.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davef;
Which hotel is it? Would be curious to know as probably will be going back myself next season.
Regards the resort; it is really nice & also very good value. The lift passes are one of the cheapest around & the cost of food & drinks etc. is very low compared to 'other' places I have been to ( not skiing) in France & even England come to that.
A little knowledge of the French laguage goes down rather well also, although you dont particularly need it to get on.
Cheers
Mitch
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i have skied Val Cenis at Easter, late afternoon its skiing in porridge on the lower runs but if you stay high up it is ok. It is a quiet resort, or it was when I was there, Crystal were not in the resort then. No queues, its a quiet family resort. there is a nice pool in the resort itself.
We did a DIY hol when we went there and had really good value for money
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've been to Val Cenis at Easter and te snow was OK but not fabulous in what was generally a bad year. With a top height of 2700m or so from memory and it being generally north facing it should be pretty good most years. Every resort in Europe may get slushy on lower slopes in April so I would not let that put off. If you DIY it with transport there are other very snow sure resorts in the area that you can drive to such as Bonneval and Orrelle which the Val Cenis lift pass gives you a discount for on a day pass. Lovely little varied area. I like to book late but this is a place I would not really worry about an Easter booking.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy