Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off Piste from La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon all,

I'm taking the family to La Ros on 29th March, I will be skiing the afternoons with the kids, but want to explore some off piste in the morning (conditions allowing)

So please tell me all you know about the best places to head for!

Fingers crossed the long range colder than average forecast comes off!

regards,

Greg
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, the off-piste at the moment is superb, just about everywhere is good, we found fresh tracks today off the Blanchot piste. Your best bet is to book a day out with an instructor/guide, after the dump on Sunday and Monday the helis were really busy, but we had fresh snow in the Picollo San Bernardo and Fourcwlaz sectors.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, La Ros' is regarded by many as the worst resort to ski off piste in France. Enjoy the time with the kids and pop across to Chamonix for off piste.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Yup La Rosiere, like its neighbour Ste Foy, is acknowledge as having no off piste Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
kitenski, La Ros' is regarded by many as the worst resort to ski off piste in France. Enjoy the time with the kids and pop across to Chamonix for off piste.

Sounds good Steve, what time will you pick me up Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, He won't have time as he will be trapped in a lift queue Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David@traxvax wrote:
kitenski, the off-piste at the moment is superb, just about everywhere is good, we found fresh tracks today off the Blanchot piste. Your best bet is to book a day out with an instructor/guide, after the dump on Sunday and Monday the helis were really busy, but we had fresh snow in the Picollo San Bernardo and Fourcwlaz sectors.

Thanks David, I have your email saved away with other areas on it, and have been in contact with Simon to sort out some guiding...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here's some pics of the off piste around La Ros, and lastly a lovely run I did first thing with BernardC and friends

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, great photos, just off La Sivoliere for the first photo? Not sure where the last run is but I think it could be going down to the Bellecote drag from the north but of course everyone knows thare's no off-piste in La Rosiere.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
David@traxvax wrote:
kitenski, great photos, just off La Sivoliere for the first photo? Not sure where the last run is but I think it could be going down to the Bellecote drag from the north but of course everyone knows thare's no off-piste in La Rosiere.

yup, first two off La Sivoliere, last one is an "alternative" route down to Chardonnet chair/Bellecombe....

Now here's a trick question, in the last picture, final set of tracks, which ones were made by me on Scott Missions Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski, So do you go over the top somewhere to the LA Ros side of the top of the Fort chair?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
kitenski, So do you go over the top somewhere to the LA Ros side of the top of the Fort chair?

yes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David@traxvax, What they need to do is devlop further the Sevoliere side and replace that bloody awful Sevoliere drag with a chair, and then that takes out of play the slog that is Escargot.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What they need is some *insert naughty word* tree runs and/or cannons to keep fontaine froid open so I can ski trees when above trees is zero vis!

They really shouldn't touch the Sevoliere side, it's not often I've found such a nice patrolled off piste area.

regards,

Greg
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kitenski, The Ecudets lift should have a mid station. It is the bottom half that suffers when warm. The best day I have ever had was on Ecudets and Fontaine Froid. For the first couple of hours we were just about the only people who had made it there due to the foul weather up top.

You may not have see these
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=38510

Foret is pretty through the trees, but there is a limit to how many times you can be garroted on a track.
snow report
cheers Frosty, not seen that report Smile

TBH the lack of places to ski in a serious whiteout would the major thing that would stop me going back to La Ros....
ski holidays
kitenski, I would agree, shame FF shut for you as in such conditions most people go home and the mountain is empty.
snow report
kitenski,

I'd say last set skiers right... wink
snow conditions
or the second lot in, skiers left
ski holidays
JT wrote:
or the second lot in, skiers left

if you mean, looking at the picture as it's displayed, from left to right, then the 2nd set of tracks are mine. Quite pleased as I'm working on turning less!
snow conditions
kitenski,

what..?? the one with the big bomb hole in it..??

I mean the ones 2nd in from the right as you look up the hill.

based on..cos, I know you like to go first.. and you commit into the big banking turn which shoots a lot of snow out of the turn.

I have been watching a few of the videos today...trying to get some stills from them to make up a Chamois TR. I'll try and get
on with it as I have 3 tapes worth to splice together..
latest report
nah, I'm talking about the lower set of turns, after the travese across the debris, no bomb hole for me that day............
snow report
kitenski wrote:
What they need is some *insert naughty word* tree runs and/or cannons to keep fontaine froid open so I can ski trees when above trees is zero vis!

Lots of trees in Les Arcs. You were on the wrong side of the valley mate Wink
ski holidays
funnily enough Rob, I was saying Les Arcs/La Plagne would have trees....BUT

check lift pass prices, with the current exchange rate........

4 X 6 days Paradiski* family ski passes = 760€ full pass is a staggering £606 vs

La Ros "FAMILY ski pass" 6 days = 512,70 € = £408
snow report
kitenski, alas yes, but you pays your money and takes your choice Wink Awesome photos BTW. Great to see.
ski holidays
kitenski,

Not a bomb hole as such...but there looks like some big gauge type tracks in that pic...which I though wouldn't be yours..
but you are right.... bigger turns...!!

They'll come out bigger and faster on video...Laughing
up for a repeat next year..??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy