Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow for all

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Engineers have adapted ski equipment in ingenious ways to help physically impaired people to enjoy the slopes. Spend enough time on the pistes and you'll see all kinds of custom-designed equipment for amputees or paraplegics.

But what about those who (like many able-bodied people) don't dare go sliding but would love to get really close to the snow? A wheelchair, for instance, is not something to take on to a snowfield....

...but what if it looked like this? It's produced by a company called 'Natural Access' - all terrain and beach wheelchairs. Nice one!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well it's certainly different, what a good idea
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shocked Never actually thought about how the physically impaired guys got around the villages etc. The contraptions they go sliding in are fantastic to watch and must take real balls to get started...................when they crash it's always spectacular but they never seem to get hurt - that seemed to be the only way to stop as well Confused

who's the guy on here who's always injured...........or broken most bones in his body??? May be it something he could do with Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks a lot! I'm not yet ready to put snow baskets on my crutches. And I've the deepest respect for those out there with limited limbs/abilities/etc. and who can usually outski/board many of us. I can recommend the Winter Paraolympics for a far better experience that the normal hyped overpriced dog and pony show.
When you’ve seen a one legged competitor at full-chat on a sh*t steep black you’ll realise just how poor your skills are. Any of you guys fancy the ‘bumps’ on one leg? How about your favourite run blindfolded, with a mate telling you when to turn?

BIG respect! If you get the chance, you really should try to get there. It’s a completely different atmosphere and a dam sight better for it! It should also be a regular part of Ski Sunday etc.

As a bye – I’m healing well and the oedema is reducing and I will be boarding by Xmas!!!! Whooppee!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque wrote:
Thanks a lot! I'm not yet ready to put snow baskets on my crutches. And I've the deepest respect for those out there with limited limbs/abilities/etc. and who can usually outski/board many of us. I can recommend the Winter Paraolympics for a far better experience that the normal hyped overpriced dog and pony show.
When you’ve seen a one legged competitor at full-chat on a sh*t steep black you’ll realise just how poor your skills are. Any of you guys fancy the ‘bumps’ on one leg? How about your favourite run blindfolded, with a mate telling you when to turn?

BIG respect! If you get the chance, you really should try to get there. It’s a completely different atmosphere and a dam sight better for it! It should also be a regular part of Ski Sunday etc.

At Tignes end of August some members of the GB Paralympic team were using our GS run. One one-legged guy came whizzing down a few times, no course inspection before his first high speed run, amazing. As you say, BIG respect.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque wrote:
How about your favourite run blindfolded, with a mate telling you when to turn?

There was a blind skier at Whistler last year who seemed to have no trouble whizzing around the mountain. I did see him have a bit of trouble with one of those chair lifts though that whips around and launches you into the air. Shocked

I expect it's like skiing in heavy fog where they tell you to "feel the snow". It's not easy but it can be done (obviously!). Skullie
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy