Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone going to the Ski Show at Olympia (14th - 17th Oct)?

Poster: A snowHead
Never been before. Is it any good?

Deb & I are planning on going on the Sat to catch the London Ride freestyle event at the end of the day.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is this the Daily Mail one???

Went last year, some good deals on clothing if you weren't after the latest designs of top of the range. Otherwise the prices were very much what you'd pay in the shops. Some good deals on holidays if you looked around. Not sure i'll go again though. Seeing the freestyle stuff on the small slope was good!!!

Oh and if you search on the web you can get half price tickets from some of the other snow websites - i think www.theboarder.co.uk were certainly doing that offer???
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree with above post. Also went last year - got some good 1/2price deals from S&R and a lot of good info from many others. Plenty of gadgets, accessories etc. some cheap, some not.

Worth a trip, especially if you've got some shopping to do.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spydejon-are you going to the show at the NEC(British Ski and Snowboard)8th-10th Oct.Come to think of it,is anyone else going.Much the same comments apply to this(as any other)show.You can find the odd bargain but,hey,its snow related and there are usually some good demo's on.Its also a chance to do touchy feelly on the kit that either,you cant handle,or afford Crying or Very sad
Anyone up for a meet at the NEC?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Now this has got to be the place for U, or any other snowHeads, to wander around in a WWW.SNOWHEADS.COM t-shirt! A month to go, any chance of getting something done in time for the NEC and Olympia??
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowskisnow,

I didn't realise that there was a show at B'ham until after I started this thread.

Yep, we're going to go on the Sat - already got my 2 for 1 entry vouchers off the natives website.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One of the best places for bargins I've found is the Southern Ski Show, held at Calshot, just outside Southampton, on the first weekend in October this year, not a huge show but several companies seem to get rid of their last years stock there, a couple of years ago some friends of mine got a full set of ski clothes including trousers and jackets for under£200 each, all breathable stuff of good quality but the previous years colours so half price Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mr HH got a Killy jacket for 75% off at last year's Olympia show....it's a good place for bargains as long as you don't want this years latest fashion item! I bought my boots there too but paid shop price....got a £25 voucher with them though that I promptly spent on bits and pieces so that was a bit better than buying at the shop.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have got to be at the Docklands Museum on Saturday 16th October, so is anyone planning on going either Friday or Sunday?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG, I am going up on the Saturday to meet up with my boss for the season in the evening so will spend the afternoon having a look round.
(Still trying to sort snow chains out! Will put a post up about them)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I usually go to it but I have be in the Cote D'Azur at that time.... Sad .... Smile so I might only make the NEC one.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If ayone does go, to this or any of them please keep an eye put for the "ski shw specials" on the Ski Miquel stand, they had some blinding offers last year that we were unable to take advantage of - if you ouldlet me know what this year's are, I'd appreciate it

Cheers

NBT
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'll be there Sat/Sun hopefully.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
flying_squirrel, If you're there on Sunday let me know.... I suppose you'll be easy to spot?! Wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Expecting to go to Olympia for the Saturday. Smile
snow report
Going on the Saturday, cause FS has promised me a beer, as has DG
snow report
flying_squirrel,

Give us a shout if you are going - would be good to catch up for a beer afterwards . . . unless of course, you wander past the stand with a few beers for the crew! Wink
snow report
PG, I'll be there on Friday or Sunday (not available on the Saturday). Is there a plan for a mini-Snowhead meet?

Regards

Rob
snow report
Ditto, can't go on Saturday, Friday's probably best for me, less of a scrum perhaps?
snow report
Friday is OK for me at the moment, do you want to suggest a place/time to meet up?

Regards

Rob
snow report
Have yet to arrange a flight, work out where I've got to be, and when... will post back here as soon as I've sorted myself out!
snow conditions
OK, I'm flexible about when I go to the show, so just let me know when you've confirmed arrangements.

Regards

Rob
ski holidays
I'm going to be at Southampton show this weekend, all weekend! Come and say hi!

The London show is a different format (and venue - hall next door) this year, so we'll see if it works in the new five day run rather than the previous (and definately too long) ten.
snow report
dolphingirl, where abouts ? I should definately be in one of the days
ski holidays
Stand 28 Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Ah I should have guessed, Natives eh Laughing
snow report
you have a stand all to yourself? Wink

What stand will you be on for the London one?
snow report
The one by the bar if we are true to form! Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...not again!
ski holidays
Get those drinking boots on! Thank goodness it is only five days - the ten day boozing was just too much for a body...
snow conditions
...only on the Saturday.
ski holidays
HI Guys. dolphingirl, and Wear The Fox Hat, i will be there on Sat 16.
Doing a meet up with friends in Pizza Express for lunch if anyone else would like to join us. How about those snowHead stickers??
snow report
Im going down on saturday - gotta take the lil bruv too!
snow conditions
Robbie - if you want, I can email you the proof sheet I did for the MK trip. It makes 16 of the small, coloured, snowHead stickers - each about 3x1".
You need an A4 single label sticky to print them on, and some scissors.

Dolphingirl - would you like the proof too ? Put some on the stand, give out to the punters ?

pm me with email if you do.
snow report
Grrr....I've now got to go to Birmingham when the London show is on, and I'll be in the south when everyone else is picking up bargains at the NEC.

Where else can I get a bargain jacket?
snow conditions
homphomp, "Where else can I get a bargain jacket?" I would have said here, but I think its sold now!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21235&item=7102993817&rd=1
ski holidays
If only I'd known homphomp, you could have had a special snowHeads discount Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
I did give it serious thought....but unfortunately I'm not petite enough to fit into it!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy