Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted - Skiing companion for winter sports

Poster: A snowHead
Wear The Fox Hat, would that by any chance mean a Feb 29th Birthday, if that's 26 I'm 23 Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, and she mentioned something about attention span, but I was bored reading by then... snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, are you saying you're 31?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, I thought my requirements were a little greedy, but in comparrison maybe I should put in for a higher specification Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, are you saying you're only 34 !........ wow I'm looking good for my age ... Actually I'm 36 at the end of the month
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DGO, yeah. I'm a child of the 70s!
Juts had a very hard life.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ouchh.. mind you I saw a friend of mine 2 weeks ago for the first time in about 18 months, he's only a few months older than myself and has always been fit and healthy, you know the type, cycling, diving, parachuting and so on, he now has a full head of grey hair and looks about 10 or 15 years older than he actually is, maybe this eating good food and trying not to stress out is actually good for me Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D G Orf, I'll never have a full head of grey hair. Unless it belongs to someone else...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear The Fox Hat,
Quote:

I'll never have a full head of grey hair. Unless it belongs to someone else...

ROFL Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Actually she doesn't say non drinker required, mearly that you stay sober enough to walk/carry her safely home, I'd have no problems with that, besides she weighs less than 100lbs and I can easily carry (and have done) nearly 3 times that amount Laughing

Having re read her post it does say non drinker but then adds the above proviso, typical women obviously cannot make up her mind what she wants Laughing

Anyway I'd never meet the speedo requirements Shocked Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This has just gone up at the other forum....

Post deleted by Scott

So, as you can see, I had to make my first editorial decision on the "new" Message Forums. As much as I was entertained by Ski_Mistress's message, DCSki is a family site and is read by skiers and snowboarders of all ages. It's not a dating service. Ski_Mistress: please don't take my deleting your message personally, but there are other sites that are probably more appropriate for your message.

Thanks,

- Scott (yeah, I'm the one that gets to rain on this parade..)

I don't believe I have just replied to my own post 3 times in a row ..... Oh dear Crying or Very sad

Nice to see that over here we can stll have a laugh about such things without having to take them quite so seriously Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
D G Orf wrote:
Nice to see that over here we can stll have a laugh about such things without having to take them quite so seriously Wink

You thought it was just a laugh? snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Which "other forum"? Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DCski as linked above PG
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

You thought it was just a laugh?

Hey what do I know, I'm just sitting here on my laptop switching between this and drawing staircases in 3D, anyway its either Laughing or Crying or Very sad and I know which I'd rather do Wink

I mean, seriously for a second, is there anyone in their right mind, as opposed to those of us who have posted silly amounts on this forum, who honestly thinks that I could aquire such a companion as I requested by posting such a message on this forum ?

Anyway I was actually refering to the DCski moderator removing what I assume was the "young ladies" post, wheras here we take life a little less seriously Laughing I'm assuming it was a young lady that posted the original post and not a 60 year old drag queen by the way Laughing
snow conditions
D G Orf,
Don't look now but I guess Ski_Mistress just joined snowheads Laughing
After giggling along at this thread for the last few days....I am REALLY looking forward to it NOW!!!
(The advantages of being a hour ahead of you lot!)

Strange really, I nearly fit your requirements...fun-loving...yes, single ....yes, tallish....sorry that's where it stops.

I do live in Geneva but I have an allergy to Swiss German, hence live in fear when I visit Wengen. (Why do they have to spit so much! What a language!)

Well, good luck now the lady is on the site.....AND dont you dare go to private messages!
You started public so you stay public, right
Laughing

PS In support of all guys losing their hair. I think it is COOL!
My Idol is Pier Luigi Collini Wink
snow conditions
sparish, Smile I too am looking forward to a bit of fun. As it were! (PS you're a late riser, I've been around since 6 French time!) (Collini? Shocked Shocked )
snow conditions
sparish, Well you may be right, we shall see snowHead and yes I did notice who had joined even before I read this Cool As for Wengen most of the time these days I find my Swiss German is not required as almost everyone there now speeks English, I guess after nigh on a century of Tourism and 75 years plus of Brits skiing there something was bound to rub off Shocked
ski holidays
You know, the Italian football referee...in fact, he just looks like Shocked

I am not a late riser. I was up at 6.30..put the lad on the bus and then put my pyjamas back on. I'm at home with flu. The only time I get to use snowheads during the day is when I am sick!
The site is considered a security risk at the UN Laughing

Mmm...funny how they never sussed me out rolling eyes
latest report
D G Orf, The shine, no doubt Wink
latest report
PG, Laughing Laughing Ah..leave the lad alone..its not even nine yet!
snow report
PG, actually amazingly enough they still seem to like the Brits, what they object to are the Russians, mainly because whenever the Russians come to the resort a mini crime wave suddenly starts Shocked

sparish, Get well soon, I'd say get yourself a nice hot tody but I know how expensive Whiskey is in Switzerland, try a shot of Drambuie, it always does wonders for me when I feel rough Cool
snow report
Nearly 10 here Cool

Norwegian cold cure. Go to bed with a warm woman and a bottle of whisky and don't get up until both are exhausted.
snow report
D G Orf, You see PG, he may have little hair (although how would I know!) but he is very caring. He obviously has a lot to offer...!

My intention WAS to go back to bed but I am now sitting in my cold hallway talking about a mysterious woman with guys I never met..erm except PG.

Think I will go get a blanket AND a hot toddy...supplies arrive from France regularly where alcohol is still cheapish! Wink
snow conditions
kuwait_ian,
Oh my goodness, are you suggesting I start a lesbian relationship with my neighbour to cure my cold? No wonder the UN sees you all as a security risk. Wink
I'll stick to the whiskey...but thanks for the advice... rolling eyes
ski holidays
sparish, Good idea snowHead As for the myseterious ski mistress, she may have registerd but she hasn't posted, do you think all this discussion has scarred her away already, or maybe she saw my Photo snowHead and ran screaming Laughing
latest report
D G Orf, Mmm..I was beginning to wonder where she was.
But hang on...YOU HAVE HAIR! But that is terrible! Wink

What was PG going on about! My guess is she saw you weren't bald and has done a runner....!
Sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts Wink
snow report
sparish, I'm doing a Jonpim. Wrongly assumed you were a hemale. 1000 apologies.
And the UN is probably right - we are a bunch of subversives. This is me - in disguise for a planned attack on the Munich Beer Festival. Think it'll work ??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sparish,
Quote:

What was PG going on about! My guess is she saw you weren't bald and has done a runner....!
Sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts

Ah to true Crying or Very sad On the other hand maybe she saw that she didn't meet my height requirements Cool

Of course being in the States she would be what about 7 hours behind us ? maybe she as not woken up yet Laughing
ski holidays
kuwait_ian,
Quote:

Think it'll work ??

Probably, so long as you wait till the second day, at which point they will all think you are their long lost Aunt Shocked
ski holidays
Quote:

maybe she as not woken up yet

most of them never do Wink NehNeh
latest report
D G Orf,
Yes, indeed that is why I didnt answer you post.....

Seems like I have become the judge of a photo contest! Fine by me. Perhaps I could judge them and send the ones I dont like to Ski-Mistress Laughing

kuwait_ian, Sorry, again....just too much hair for me.
WTFH is just way ahead of the pack.
snow report
Dan, well she would appear to be an American, what do you expect snowHead
snow report
Ski_Mistress here. To answer your questions:
Yes I am American
, yes I was asleep,
no I am not a 60-year-old drag queen, I am a 20-something girl who looks even younger,
yes I want a nondrinker-the assumption being that someone who is completely sober all the time will be sober enough to walk me home,
Ajax (Aspen) is my favorite place so far to ski, however I have been to St Moritz Switzerland and loved everything but the service. Ich verstehe nigcht deutch.
As for registering and not posting, I emailed the moderator of this message board the original ad and requested that he approve it for posting.
Yes the age thing is key, because the idea came about last spring when I mentioned that I ski with 55-year-olds who like 4* lodging in Aspen and St Moritz for less money than those miserable hostels in Austria; I cook for them since they don't love that saltly cheap bar-crap; I paid an old massuer 55 CHF at the Hotel Steffani to take off my clothes and have him massage me since he wouldn't yell at me for not sleeping with him like boys my age do; my best instructors have been women and old american men because they are not hot-tempered and flirty on the slopes; and I rejected a 50% raise to stay with my 57-year-old coworkers since they are not as back-stabbing and fingerpointing as my contemporaries; and how an elderly Aspen-er said "There's nothing to do here but drink", but no guy 20-25 here would EVER have the balls to say that in public; old married couples like live theatre and aren't impatient/are careful with my asthmatic health condition. Then this guy said I obviously don't know many 20-25 year-olds and that it is a money issue. So I said I'll gladly pay a guy $825 (the cost of my last Aspen trip) myself because I was so sure it was the alcoholic, macho attitude of my generation and not the money and there is no place to find a 22-year-old half as good as the baby boomers. Crying or Very sad Sadly, this was one bet I was hoping to lose. Maybe it's different in Europe. Puzzled ...However, if you guys love to ski I'd be interested in joining you, you just won't qualify for the aforementioned perks. You sound like a cool group of guys Smile .

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 14-09-04 17:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Looks like we definately frightend the ski mistress away, having registerd this morning or in her case last night we see noithing more, ah well back to talking to myself again Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Oops !how's that for timing Razz
latest report
Ski_Mistress, well my dear I'm afraid I'm well over the age catagory for you, however if you would just like someone to ski with (I'll throw in the carrying capacity as well) then you are more than welcome to join me in Wengen Switzerland, only a 3 star hotel I'm afraid but everyone who stays there rates it very highly especially the food, the family that own it have had it for over 100 years so they know what they are doing, oh and no need to pay for me either, I do drink but never more than say half a bottle of wine at dinner and an after dinner shot of spirits, it would take substantialy more than that to get me remotely drunk so no worries there snowHead
snow report
Comprex, Foxy's showing his female side at the moment, shoping for dresses this weekend.
snow conditions
David@traxvax, do you mean he's got tired of the DJ for skiing in ?

By the way I know I could have deleted my posts at 16.48, and 16.49 but I thought everyone would have a good laugh at my timing Laughing Laughing Embarassed
ski holidays
Not at all D G, the uncanny coincidence clearly shows that you and sm are in psychic harmony Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy