Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Competitive female snowHeads - read this

Poster: A snowHead
Dark Summer, the new freeride ski magazine (whose first full issue is due out late September) is running a contest for girls (only) who want to become a "sponsored skier, travelling to the best resorts, competing and appearing in photo shoots".

It's called "It's a Girl Thing '04" and it's provisionally scheduled for Milton Keynes Xscape on Saturday 30 October (entries by 18 October). 3 winners go to Engelberg for the finals.

Check out the details here and tell us you're entering!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

tell us you're entering

Can we tell you we're not? Standard of skiing notwithstanding, if they pick anyone over 30 I'll eat my hat! snowHead (or sticker probably - the hat thing seems to have died a death).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And I bet the said lass will be, shall i say, easy on the eye?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rich, what are you saying about Maggi?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds like great fun!
Unfortunately my skiing ability and commitments for next year mean I won't be entering either!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Rich Goodliffe, as long as there skiing style is easy on the eye then nothing else matters.

Believe me, I am the first man who would like to run a "find a model" contest, but this isn't it (although, having said that, I may have make the next one along those lines).

To offer a little background, both Danny and I know some amazing females skiers (as I am sure everyone does) but they don't seem to get the recognition that they deserve. We just wanted to give them a chance to get out there and get seen, in a fun, and hopefully, chilled out way.

As well as running it as a competition, we are also going to have some top skiers there offering advice on technique and about making it as a sponsored skier, and we will probably put a little food.

Either way, we hope it will be fun. If you have any questions, please feel free to post a message on here, or on the Dark Summer website, or email me, or something like that
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DarkSummer, Posting as a post andropausal bloke, I'm highly incensed! If you're going to run a feature for barely pubescent females and then ignore the rest of us, is tantamount to discrimination within EEC law.
Your thoughts please.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, I must confess that I had to look up "andropausal", but my understanding now is that andropause is the male-menopause. Are you suggesting that they do a feature on hormone replacement? I wouldn't have thought that their magazine is the best place to have it.

I would guess that there is nothing to stop you entering their competition, but between you and me ... I wouldn't hold on to your chances of winning. Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque, where does it say it is for barely pubescent females?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
O.K.
I''l open a book and offer 5/4 on that the winner is some real eye candy.......
any takers?

Or am I just being cynical
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DarkSummer, don't worry. It's his barely pubescent sense of humour, mixed with an Alice in Wonderland sense of the absurd. He does a nice line in smilies, BTW.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Slowplough, it could be cynicism, but on the other it could be a good chance for me to make some money. Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Slowplough, eye candy? What is this an american sit -com? Jeeezus

I wont be entering as I dont like being made to ski - NehNeh
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, as soon as I saw it, I immediately forwarded the page to someone who is an excellent skier, and, while she would kill me if I called her "eye candy", she certainly wouldn't win any "ugly as sin" contests.

This isn't her, but it's close...
http://www.wool.co.jp/news/newsnet/news_319.html
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowplough, what odds on her being size twelve, ginger, and with a face like a bus crash?
ski holidays
Rich Goodliffe,
Zilch as she's just ruled herself out!

Sorry Nade just joking
snow report
Slowplough, f*!k off- Like id ever be ginger!
ski holidays
ski holidays
The results of this are now in http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/item.asp?intCategoryID=1&intItemID=2536
latest report
WHAT! no pics? . . .
snow report
SCGB didn't put the pics up, but you can see the pics on Natives.co.uk, or DarkSummer.co.uk, or here on SnowHeads very soon.

'Twas a truly kick-ass event and the girls were all amazing skiers.

Thanks to all who helped out.
snow conditions
See in snowNews for some nice piccies and Darksummer's article without a long download.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy