Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hermann Maier plans to eclipse Alberto Tomba

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The 'superhuman' Hermann Maier, whose incredible recovery from a near-amputated leg returned him to the pinnacle of ski racing, is planning at least another 3 seasons of ski racing.

His ambition is to out-class Alberto Tomba. This requires at least 50 World Cup wins, but the great Ingemar Stenmark remains king of the hill with 86 wins.

This report from SkiRacing.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, saw in a rag on the train that he's on record as saying that although he's achieved everything he originally set out to, what is motivating him now is going on to the 2006 olympics.

he'll need a few wins up to that point to be in with a shout there...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Although Maier is a tremendous athlete and you've got to admire the way he has come back from the injury he had, In my opinion, he will have to go a long way to surpass Tomba's record as tomba acheived 50WC wins across only 2 disciplines, as did Stenmark. Maier has acheived his wins across 3 disciplines. I imagine he will pass 50 wins this season but his current tally over 2 disciplines is 33 leaving him 17 to surpass Tomba.
I think it is unlikely that anyone will acheive more WC wins than Stenmark, but that was acheived in a different era.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get your point, but I also see success across several disciplines as impressive in its own right, given the differing demands. Bit like winning gold in the 5000 and 10000 then going on to do it in the marathon as well.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy