Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Welsh dry slope to close next month

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/north_west/3632394.stm

Rhiw Gogh Ski Centre in Trawsfynydd

Quote:
Dropping visitor numbers as well as a move away from the sport to newer fashionable activities are also to blame, said Mr Day.

Quote:
Mr Day said schools fearing pupil accidents are also leading to fewer numbers through the gates.

Is this bucking the trend for reasons of location, facilities... or a sign of things to come? Will the litigation culture result in activities of this kind becoming too expensive for most people?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well it has to be said that Trawsfynydd is a small slope and is not exactly within easy or close reach of any large centres of population. It does offer the (possibly unique?) views of a nuclear power station while you ski though.

But it is also true that insurance premiums for dry slopes have gone through the roof in the past few years. There are also considerable costs involved in keeping "unauthorised" users - e.g. those who enter after hours and slide down on stolen "House for Sale" signs - off the slope and repairing the regular damage done by vandals Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's interesting to note his comments about mountain biking, as the Rhiw Goch holiday village is about 3 miles from Coed y Brenin mountain biking centre, and where they are completely redeveloping the MTB centre. This is one of the best managed trails in Europe, so he may be aimimg for the MTB market, especially as accommodation in that neck of the woods is very difficult to find.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alan Craggs wrote:
There are also considerable costs involved in keeping "unauthorised" users - e.g. those who enter after hours and slide down on stolen "House for Sale" signs - off the slope and repairing the regular damage done by vandals Mad

Not too much problem with that at my local dry slope at Bassingbourn - it's 'conveniently' located in an army barracks!! snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm amazed they have any problems with local vandals. As Alan said, it's not within easy reach of any population centres. In fact it can only be described as being in the middle of nowhere! Any local vandals would have to come from the nearest towns, namely Porthmadoc or Dolgellau, and I'm sure there are a lot more convenient targets available for their unpleasant and unwelcome activities rather than having to drive about 10 miles to reach the holiday village.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter B,

Howdy mate! Thought I'd just hijack PG's thread (sorry PG) & ask how Beanie is?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sorry Peter B, I may have inadvertently misled you there. We have a serious vandal problem at our slope, but then it's only on the edge of nowhere rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alan Craggs, there's a simple answer to vandals at a dry ski slope, hook their ankles to the drag lift and let it run up and down the slope for half an hour or so before you notice they are accidently tearing themselves apart on the dendix Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf,

LOL Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G Orf, nah, stretch cheese wire across at neck height.
Little Angel
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gerry, Hmm I guess that's the slightly more drastic option but what happens if someone forgets to take it down before the beginners lessons Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's OK, beginners don't use the lift Razz
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Why not just weld them to a pair of skis/board and push them from the top of the slope............they'll never come back!! Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bring back The Birch. Birch some sense into 'em, I say!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon, Hi there. Beanie isn't good. More knee surgery scheduled for next month I'm afraid. Looks like skiing is out for this season. I've tried to persuade her to let me go skiing and she can just enjoy the apres-ski, but she's not having it. Hope you and Debs are ok.
Sorry DG snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy