Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cheap transfers to savoie resorts

Poster: A snowHead
I live in LA PLAGNE MONTALBERT for 12 weeks Jan Feb Mar and to help me thru this epic I am looking to offer private transfers fom Geneva Lyon Chambery airports Bourg or Moutiers train stations at about half the cost .I have a 4x4 and can take 4 passengers and luggage-anyone interested - contact redrunmarcus2@aol.com
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redrunmarcus, Have a chat with admin about advertising on the site, he'll guide you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads redrunmarcus.... I would be very careful how you go about this - the French are very touchy about what effectively constitutes working on the black (bona fide taxi/shuttle operators have hefty social charges and taxes to pay, so wouldn't take too kindly to 'competition' of this kind)... and there's an insurance issue as well...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Could be interested. Last season it was cheaper to hire a car for 2 people and leave at resort.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From E100 per person depending which resort
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I can see the "chat" with admin worked then rolling eyes Dont know about the rest of you,but I feel these "adverposts" are getting a bit blatent.

Could I just gently make the point that this is a discussion forum,not a free ads site.We have a shops section for that Confused
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It doesn't belong in The Piste. I'm also concerned about snowHeads allowing what is, essentially, an illegal service, to be advertised.

Liability question again ... you sometimes see "we accept no responsibility for damages/losses resulting from the use of products advertised on this site", or "Advertising does not imply any endorsement or approval of the products advertised", etc. Haven't checked the small print, but is there anything along these lines in the conditions of membership here? Not sure whether a disclaimer of this kind is effective with respect to products advertised. And where would snowHeads stand if a reader of this site was to take redrunmarcus up on his offer, and then suffer injury in an accident? Standard car insurance certainly wouldn't cover the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward.

I of course take all the above back if redrunmarcus intends registering his activity as a bona fide business in France Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The relevant bit from our terms and conditions
Quote:
You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the availability of any third party Websites or material You access through the snowHeads Site, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or services on or available from such Websites or material, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused, or alleged to be caused, by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, advertising, products or services available on or available from such Websites or material. These links to third party Websites are provided to you as a convenience only or by other Users. You link to any such Website entirely at your own risk.

And the full Terms are here. I think your point about lack of adequate insurance is more worrying than any liability of this site. PG

redrunmarcus, I hope you revisit the forum and contribute to the chat. If you became a 'virtual friend', I might later be interested in a 'Lift Offered from Chambery' and of course I'd contribute to the petrol and running costs Wink Wink Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't want to get overly serious about this, but offers of this kind are one reason why the French get miffed at Brits abroad. Bona fide French residents struggle to run a business, paying high social charges and taxes, then a fringe community of ex-pats emerges that undercuts them, while benefiting from the public services paid for by those who register their businesses legally. There are those who blatantly work on the black, and those who circumvent the legislation by importing casual temporary labour who (allegedly) pay their taxes etc back in their country of origin.... but the latter are hardly viewed in a better light.

We Brits who live here then all get tarred with the same brush, and it really p....s me off.

That said, there are plenty of French working the system, but unfortunately they don't attract the same attention.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have every intention of setting this up as a business.have already contacted admin to give my apologies -was not aware if shop area and syill cannot find it .Will contact again to have my post removed Thanks for all the positive feed -back
Marcus
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
redrunmarcus, if you look in snowBase (on the mountain view at the top of the page) you'll find the Shops area. It is in the early stages so it's not yet a mega mall. It is web site based. To get back to the forums, click on the picture.
Now we've got a thread going on this topic, removal of your post would really mean knocking out the whole thread. Can I suggest instead, you just edit your post to take out the link - pending whatever you agree with Admin. To edit, click on the paper and scissors icon on the right of your post.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 5-09-04 8:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry really do not need to read about how the French view us as I am married to a French woman .
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nothing personal redrunmarcus, but when you live here all the year round (and spend 99% of the time mixing with the French community rather than the Brits) you get a bit fed up with the digs....

I must point out though that if you're serious about setting up a business, French red tape is diabolical and charges are high.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
redrunmarcus, I'll just add that what prompted my earlier comment was your offer of half-price transfer runs. As I nearly bought a Tignes-based taxi firm a couple of months back, and backed off because of the margins, I can tell you right now that it's impossible to cut 50% from the rates and even come close to making a profit.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What do you manage to do to be able to live there all year?
ski holidays
Oooh Laaa Lah. Bonne Chance avec Le Voiture a Louer - and have a good season in Montalbert. Check out Flying Squirrel who runs a Pub over in Plan Peisey and PG is in Bourg not far away. Regular posters here - in fact PG is in the lead and they're all full of good stuff. Bit quiet at weekends though.
latest report
redrunmarcus, I'm fast getting to the point where I've lived abroad longer than in the UK. Kids more French than English (French wife). What do I do? I'm a French-registered freelance translator/interpreter, but also have a transport business that runs between the UK and France. Write the occasional article for various magazines. Rent out a couple of apartments. All of the above only when I can spare enough time from contributing to snowHeads... Wink
snow report
PG, what kind of transport business is it? There might be occasions when we want to ship stuff out to Les Arcs (perhaps furniture and the like) and I'm looking at what options I have to get stuff from here to there.

Regards

Rob
snow conditions
We carry pretty much anything, but not groupage as such, part-loads from a ton upwards ... see www.euroleader.co.uk
latest report
Glad my post may have brought someone some business!
latest report
redrunmarcus, tell you what, when you get to post no. 3,271 you can mention your main business address for the first time as I just have... fair enough ? Wink (And of course, only if someone actually asks for it..... ) (and if it's legal and above board!)
snow report
PG, Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy