Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for Shello's resort report:

Tignes Val Claret (December 2006)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Val Claret was OK (it looked better in the flesh than I thought it would)

Funnily enough, that was the thing that struck me. I was prepared for some monstrosity of buildings, like La Plagne <ducks>, but it was actually a lot gentler on the eye.

I was there at beg of Dec when only the Grande Motte was open so can't really comment on the skiing except to say the snow was superb up there. Would definitely like to return when the resort is fully open.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's quite a lengthy transfer, isn't it?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes - about 3 hours from Geneva, if I remember correct.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy, 5 hours for the return trip and a tour of Geneva airport rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IncogSkiSno, Laughing Laughing too true!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We fly in Chambery, what sort of transfer to VC can we expect. Crysatski recon about 2 hours.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Renry, from the time the coach starts moving reckon on about 2/3 hours depending on where you are staying in Tignes if the roads are clear of traffic and no adverse weather - add another hour sitting on the coach waiting for everyone before setting off from the airport Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Renry, + 1 hour stop for driver to have his/her Breakfst/Lunch/Dinner rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Crying or Very sad so a 1.15pm flight from uk will get me to resort by 7pm then, about time for a beer or two then wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Renry,
No you have forgotten to factor in the delay before taking off as the aorcraft has to come back from previousl flight, then the wait to pick up baggage 10pm earliest.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Renry, don't listen to stewart woodward, Very Happy they don't normally stop for anything these days from Chambery (well they haven't when I've been on one). I'd say you're looking at 1 1/2 - 2hrs for a Sunday transfer or 2 - 3 for a Saturday.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the report, just came back from Val Claret a few days ago. Whilst from some angles I is a little 'monstrous carbuncle' it is nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, and from the right angle in the dark its quite beautiful.

One thing I would say about Tignes is that if you a skier of a nervous disposition it is not for you, even the easiest of runs seem to have a 'tricky bit' up their sleeve somewhere. Cant wait to go back soon though, I've barely scratched its surface, so many pistes, so little time.

The transfer from Geneva to Tignes in peak time (ie New Year) is nothing short of terrible. Be prepared. Bring sarnies.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy, I thought Val Claret was OK too, given the press Tignes gets, especially for a high altitude resort. Better than twee chalets anyway.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
furbag has added resort report for another of the Tignes resorts:

Tignes Les Boisses (January 2008)

snow conditions
Tingray74 has added a further resort report:

Tignes Les Brevieres (February 2009)

ski holidays
Richmond has added a further resort report:

Tignes les Boisses (April 2009)

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy