Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Britain's steepest piste...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...is reckoned by many to be the Fly Paper at Glencoe. Sometimes closed due to hairy conditions or avalanche danger the Fly Paper has built a bit of a cult following over the years.

Here, courtesy of an interesting new website called snowspots.org which celebrates specific runs rather than resorts, is a vivid account of the Fly Paper, followed by a worrying report by someone who (just) survived it with 2 weeks experience under their belt!
snow report
 brian
brian
It's certainly steep but short and sweet.

Other contenders are the Tiger at Glenshee which can't be far off as steep at the top and gets big bumps, it's like a mini Face de Bellevarde, and the West Wall on Cairngorm.

Actually thinking about it, the drop into the back coire at Nevis can't be far off the steepness of the Fly either. Wonder what the actual gradients are ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is Corrie Loughie Mhor (not sure about the spelling) on Cairngorm considered a piste? Really pretty steep in from the top, also a bit avalanchie though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I also think the back corries at Nevis are as steep.....well at the start anyway!
The Flypaper is a great run though......one i have done on Skis and an Board on many occasions and i am glad that there is a chance that i will be able to do it again in the future!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy