Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The snowboarder vs skier thing is old news these days...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yawn, yawn, put another record on boys (and girls). I ski and board, and I go out on the mountain with other skiers and boarders. The only people who get on my nerves are skiers who moan about boarders, and vice versa. As a topic of conversation, this one was used up many dinner parties ago, I've not heard anything new added to the subject in at least ten years, so for god's sake let it go. If you can't think of anything original and interesting to say, then don't bother saying anything at all, and the world will probably be a better place.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So why start this thread then?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And what's it based on? I've not seen anything on any recent threads - what did I miss?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Because I want to hear what the skiers who slag off snowboarders or vice versa have to say to defend their behaviour. I think that it fits in nicely with the "Brits abroad" thread, in that it is something that really makes my heart sink when someone sat around the dinner table starts it as a topic of conversation, thinking that it is controversial, and so by implication makes them interesting. I'm not asking them to defend what they are saying (as we've heard them do a thousand times before), I'm asking them to justify such boring and repetative patterns of conversation.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dinner tables should be banned.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry, but it sounds like you're trying to ignite an inflammatory conversation that you see as being of little value. I would have thought there's already enough negative energy in the world....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer it seemsthat by starting this thread you are atempting to fuel an argument you are saying you are fed up with. A little contradictory on your part i would say.

Are you any different to the people around the dinner table? As far as i can see it's only the environment in which you are speaking, that is different.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Unless he's being really clever and looking to have an argument with himself which would of course be Kramer vs Kramer Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's just based on a couple of comments on other threads about boarders using up all the snow by side slipping, amongst other things. I just find that whole thing quite boring, and I think that it detracts from some interesting threads. I'm not trying to start the very argument that I decry, I just would like some people to justify following a valid comment made by a snowboarder about a subject relevant to the thread with a comment along the lines of "well that's because you lot always sit down on the slope". If people want to make comments like that then I suggest that they start a thread "I want to slag off snowboarders (or skiers)", otherwise within the general discussion on this site it just gets boring and repetitive and spoils some otherwise interesting and informative threads.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So your thread was a "I want to slag off people who slag off snowboarders (or skiers)" thread? Wink

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 20-08-04 15:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Eh!!!! Puzzled
latest report
 brian
brian
Kramer, It was my comment. Meant light hearted(ish)ly in response to a boarder telling skiers that couldn't ski powder to buy a board.

Just a bit of banter.

For the record, I mainly ski but sometimes board. I like both, you can't beat a board in heavy off piste for instance but I find I get more of a buzz from skiing, probably just because I'm a lot better at it.

Anyway, I love everybody, me Little Angel (except inconsiderate skiers and boarders that waste powder by side slipping Twisted Evil ).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I ski & board too so don't like slagging anyone off, but some people will always do it. Many moons ago at the beginning of the eighties, when freestyle skiing was still "dangerous/radical" I overheard some d1ck in a Meribel gondola say in a very loud stiff upper lip voice:

"God I hate those ghastly sausage-rollers"

(he meant "hot-doggers" Wink )
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey Kramer, theres a lotta love in the forum these days, man!

We used to fight like cat and dog a bit in the old SCGB days but our shared trauma.....like.....brought us all together......there can be peace!

Only kevin starts trouble but he's allowed coz it's generally harmless.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy