Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A first in customer service?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I don't suppose this is really a first, but the ski area of Mount Hutt on the south island of New Zealand kept its lifts open an extra 20 minutes the other day because people were having such a good time in fresh snow.

I can't recall a case of this in the Alps, though I've a very vague recollection of something similar in Scotland back in the 1970s. I guess it's easier for the management of a relatively small ski area to organise, but it's a nice gesture. Hats off to Mount Hutt (often nicknamed Mount Shutt for weather-related reasons!)

This report from The Ashburton Guardian.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting that you have mentioned the nickname for this resort. I guess if it's liable to closure due to bad conditions (either lack of or too much snow) It would surely be in the resort management's best interest to keep it open for an extra half an hour when the going is good.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a similar thing earlier this year at Cairngorm. We'd had to wait a day and a half for the conditions to calm down enough to get up the mountain (and even then with winds up to 70mph). The lifties were great in keeping us going until way past the official closing time...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy