Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Artificial ski slope missing, believed stolen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
North Staffordshire Ski Centre's artificial slope has been reported missing to the Police, who are treating it as probable theft.

This report from ic Birmingham.

If anyone in a pub offers you a ski slope, you know what to do.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They need a new sub editor - it's a slop (sic) not a slope. Why anyone would want to nick elderly dendix is beyond me. Takes all sorts.

Quote:

If anyone in a pub offers you a ski slope, you know what to do
snap it up for snowHeads private snowDome (or a Xmas prezzie for U). I'll chip in !
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thats hilarious. I often bring bits of dendex home with me, normally individual strands stuck in my socks, or the like, but i never thought of nicking entire sections. Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've seen on other forums guys taking "donated" dendex home with them and making small jumps or ramps to then go on to a home made rail...........i'll see if i can dig out a picture.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A few years back Reading Uni Ski Team "acquired" some dendix from the Bracknell slope and built a (not sure if the length is exactly correct but it is about right) 3m long training slope!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CLICK HERE for a thread with pictures of some home made stuff. You've gotta admire their enthusiasm for their sport!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some more homemade mayhem, this time from the states - get a bit of carpet, spray it with water, wait for it to freeze............yeeeehaaa!

http://www.backyardboarders.freehomepage.com/ - doesn't seem to much on there other than the front page info but here is a video: CLICK HERE
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dan, saw those pictures on the goneboarding gallery. What is most worrying is that at the top of that ramp, all that is seemingly holding them up is a thin garden fence, a wheelie bin, and a ladder. Wouldn't like to come off onto that gravel though. Ouch. As for the other, a ramp as high as the roof?

The most extreme I got in the garden was in the winter after a thick coating of snow... Skiing down the rockery... I didn't get far!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 17-08-04 17:31; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My question is... How could people manage to take away a 600ft by 400ft ski slope without being seen?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
highlander, So what's worse, falling on the dendex or falling on the gravel??...............i'd say it's a tough decision Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Incredible story, but another one: my Dad once owned a house (uninhabitable) near the end of Heathrow's main runway. That was also stolen Puzzled We went there one day and the whole house was missing. None of it was ever recovered. Crying or Very sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I like it easiski, ! Laughing Sounds like a good plot for Only Fools & Horses.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's when they come back for the runway that things get serious.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cathy Coins, If you put either of these on tele everyone would say they were too far fetched! Razz
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I agree. What telly could believably support the weight of an artificial ski slope or house?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy