Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift Crushes Girl to Death

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have only seen these magic carpets before in Beignners areas, wihtin ski school zones, and fully manned. So that learners on their first day or two of skiing dont have to keep side stepping back up, and thought them an excellent idea. This is so sad.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Report (in French) from France 3 - the investigation continues with the mayor of the commune and the director of the lift company undergoing questioning since yesterday, although police sources state that this does not mean charges will follow.

A recent expertise confirmed that the Italian travelator was "badly designed", and had broken twice, once being repaired by the manufacturer and once by the lift company. Two resort employees have already been charged with involuntary manslaughter, involuntary wounding and falsification of evidence, having neutralised the safety mechanism after frequent breakdowns. Just over a year now since young 7 year old Agathe Jouin, carrying her skis in her arms, was caught at the end of the moving carpet, suffering horrific chest injuries while her family could only stand by and watch.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I really wish I hadn't read this..!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, So these people can sweep the problems under the carpet even if it is a magic one.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A couple of things strike me about this tragic event.I am a regular user of a travelator,as I am a member of Tamworth Snowdome.Correct me,if you wish,but I am not aware of any 'serious' incident in its 15yr history.I'm sure there may have been the odd nipped(even lost)finger,but that would be about it.Their travalators would probably uplift more people in an hour than these 'magic carpet' resort models do in a day?And Tamworths kit is ancient technology.Nevertheless,I simply do not think it possible for Tam's lifts to 'swallow' a person,there is no discernible gap.Also,as many will know,the end is covered by a hard,plastic skirt;which carries you over and off the end.And they are always manned.This is old technology!!
For this appalling accident to have happened,there must have been a gap of several inches.Bad design,cover removed,failsafes off? whatever.The only thing that will happen now is an eventual conclusion to the investigation.When,and if,negligence and complicity are proven,I sincerely hope the 'culprits' feel the full weight and retribution allowed under French law.

PG,thanks for resurrecting this issue.As skiers we take whatever risks we feel comfortable with,whilst on the snow.However the 'machinery' should be,as far as is humanly possible,faultless.Safety 'has' to be the first priority of all lift companies.Its in all our interests.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JT, Me to
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PG, I shouldn't worry too much about sub judice rules. Few countries other than UK seem to have them (I don't know about France, mind you) and the UK courts seem to have given up worrying much about them, mores the pity.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Val Thorens has one of these lifts at its beginners area BUT it is attended at top and bttom at all times!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy