Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Earthquakes and moving mountains of Lake Tahoe

Poster: A snowHead
Scientists from the University of Nevada, Reno, have been investigating a cluster of 1600 small earthquakes 20 miles below Lake Tahoe which have caused an upward shift in a local ski mountain.

This report from Science Daily.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1600 earthquakes = 8mm? Not a solution to the effects of global warming on the lower altitude ski resorts then......
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, but it is illustrative of how humankind strives to understand all aspects of the planet, while systematically destroying it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I heard a report on the wireless the other day (BBC radio ulster) about a massive chunk of rock (they said it was the size of the Isle of Man, though I find that hard to believe) that has shifted over 40cm in the last 50 years. If and when it falls off the resulting Tsumani would wash out the eastern seaboard of the USA.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy, would that wave be good enough for west strand?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't be flippant.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think if we got a wave that big we'd be surfing in Coleraine!!!!!!!! (5 miles inland)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnboy, I also heard that report, BTW. BBC Online have a piece on it here.

Mass psychology is interesting in this situation. Logic would dictate that New York is evacuated, but people are drawn there to work and life goes on, with that extraordinary threat hanging over it (if the scientists are right).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
"Esa's mission Don Quijote will send a spacecraft crashing into the surface of a space rock to measure the effects."

Tilting at windmills again? NehNeh
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Umm. . . this one's on the button - it will happen and geologically speaking 'tomorrow'. All the Caribbean island will be de-populated and the funnel of the bay will cause catastrophic flooding as far as St. Louis. Estimated (Pentagon source) US fatalities alone will be NLT 10 million. All our channel ports will be destroyed, as will the S.Wales ports. Bristol will be destroyed with the wave reaching as far as Cirencester and all the way up the Severn valley.
The Western Worlds economy will be pretty much screwed for about 10 years.
Just to make you feel more comfortable, have a chat with your insurance company and ask them what your cover will be in this eventuality, you may be terrified by the answer.

Oh . . . we’ll have about 2 hours warning – by the time it gets to us great unwashed it’ll be more like 60 minutes. How far do you think you’ll get in that time?
Kiss it goodbye guys.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My favourite smilie, but shouldn't there be a tidal wave erupting out of it? Please modify.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, you're feeling very cheerful today
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yup, 'cos I'll be up an Alp roasting a sheep. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque I recall the original story on that particular rock, from memory the scientists stated that the damage on this side of the atlantic would be bad but the tidelwave created as it crossed the atlantic would reach significant proportions due to the rock being on the atlantic side rather than the African side of the Islands
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
D G Orf, The West coast of France and all the way up the UK will see wave heights between 100 and 150m. Where it's funnelled, like the Bristol and English Channels it will double that height. Most of Holland, Denmark and the Benelux plain will be smothered. When it's finished, we'll see the rise of an Asian based world economy. So those of you with disposable income may want to consider where your portfolio is balanced to. AS resilient as the US is, If the East coast is destroyed the West coast will look to the Asian Market and the Farmers in the middle will just get on with growing and selling food. Texas will mostly be a wasteland (and no loss for it), the only really scary thought is if it happens tomorrow, Schwartzengroper will become the de-facto leader of the ‘free World’!!! Shocked
latest report
Masque wrote:

Oh . . . we’ll have about 2 hours warning – by the time it gets to us great unwashed it’ll be more like 60 minutes. How far do you think you’ll get in that time?

Oh, far enough, I think; my boat's on the car now.

Just think of the haddie possibilities, with every tennis fence a seine net!
Mmmm. Feeeesh. Mmmmm.

Of course, you'll have already cashed in your chips?
latest report
Eeek - I live in Bristol - at the top of a hill but maybe the hills not big enough. Then again if I have a surfboard maybe I could ride it out!!! Laughing
latest report
The point I'm making is that . . . a chunk of land falls into the sea, a lot more land gets wet and then dries out, a bunch of parasites are eliminated, the rest get on with it . . . poo happens . . . all it does is shift the controlling interests around. It’d be nice to think that an event like this would form a global sense of humanity, but I doubt it. Man is still a predatory animal and we’re doing naught to better that behaviour. I’d say that because of communications technology and measurable inequalities/injustices, populations are more feral now than at any time in recorded history (think about it).
What’s interesting is how ‘business’ is looking at it http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_33/b3896001_mz001.htm
There is a wake-up call starting amongst them and since they are the global governance system we may see more ecological programs coming out of them than from their puppets in ‘power’. Watch where the money goes folks, it’s even more important to our survival than illegal wars.
Whatever . . . 'we're still just the meat in the sandwich'
Cynical . . . moi?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy