Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DIN Setting calculator (Excel)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There are numerous guides on the interweb that will tell you what DIN settings you should have on your skis.

Using the gudie provided here - http://coffee.sdsc.edu/din_setting/ - I made a crude Excel spreadsheet to calculate DIN settings. Click to download (it works with OpenOffice as well)

Quote:
Quoted disclaimer

Incorrectly adjusting your bindings may lead to injuries!
Using this page to adjust your bindings yourself is thus entirely at your own risk!

To ensure that your bindings are correctly adjusted, have your bindings adjusted and checked at a professional ski shop!

(I'm an inquisitive chap who likes to know how and why things works and would not adjust my own settings because I don't have any way of testing them other than hoping they will release before I damage myself! Smile )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tomsk, whose data is that based on (I mean the original website)?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There appears to be about a 0.5 difference between the front and rear settings on my bindings on my skis in the way the shop set them up for me. Although it is possible that I was just reading the setting wrong of course, I was wondering if this meant they were setup correctly of not?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stig Arne Bye

I got it from his own website, which now seems to have disappeared. I googled and found the other website that I linked to which has a copy of the data. On Stig's original website he details two other methods. One using measurment of your bones and age which is where the original DIN settings originate from he says, and another based on actually forcing the binding to release.

I downloaded the web pages in January this year. His pages are copyrighted 2000.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spideog, if the shop used a binding release torque testing machine then it's possible they are set up better than if the indicated release settings were the same.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I presume that one of these torque testing machines would be an impressive looking bit of kit that it would be fairly obvious if they were using it? In which case I'm pretty sure that they didn't use one when setting up my ski's initially and it's either my eyesight or the bloke that fitted the bindings which is at fault.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spideog wrote:
I presume that one of these torque testing machines would be an impressive looking bit of kit that it would be fairly obvious if they were using it?......

Spideog, you're right, here's mine in action:
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thats a Marker binding, I don't need no machine to tell me it will pre-release....................

<ducks>
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
veeeight, Buy slightly older Looks then!

(Ducks too)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I set mine at 7.5 for todays skiing and found them more difficult to release when I went for my mid morning hot chocolate – think I’ll put them back to 7 for my next slide.
<ducks and runs>
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy