Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fed up with Summer?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, get yourself down to your nearest beach and try Surfing.

Having done a little bit when I was younger I decided to take a proper lesson on Saturday. £25 for the afternoon incl wetsuit and board hire, along with tuition. Money well spent. Had me standing up and making basic turns after an hour in 5 ft waves.

So, if anyone lives in N. Ireland or fancies a holiday over here I can highly recommend Troggs surf shop in Portrush. So good I bought my fisrt board!

Next best thing to ski-ing and more fun than cutting the grass.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I take it no one's into surfing then?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To be honest in France it's the idea of joining the multitudes in the general rush to the coast which puts me off, during the summer. A few lessons in water skiing, that's the best we can do, I'm afraid (on lakes, not at the seaside....)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd really like to give it a go, but it always seems like too much effort. Getting to the coast, hiring boards & wetsuits etc.

The time it takes to learn has always discouraged me as well, but I'm encouraged by your experience. I'll have to make more of an effort.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yeah - I've done it a few times and loved it but the harsh truth is that I was still pretty cr@p at it after 3 or 4 days. Takes a lot of time to get any good I reckon (or I'm especially uncoordinated, which can't be right!).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnboy, au contraire... I like nothing more than a trip to North Devon to splash about in the waves on Woolacombe beach. Sadly the constraints of time/money/annual leave mean that I haven't done it for a few years. It's also a bloody long way from here. My nearest beaches are Blackpool, Lytham & Southport, sadly not of them are very surf friendly. However you have inspired me to squeeze at least a weekend in North Devon in next summer Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Typical

Having just bought a board there hasn't been a wave all week. Flat calm due to the SE winds. Check out the webcam of my local beach @

www.westbaysurfboards.co.uk
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is Caslte Erin still standing?

What's Barrys like these days?

I haven't been in Portrush in years.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
WTFH,

You should be able to see Castle Erin in the centre of the webcam, yes Barrys is still going strong.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I take it no one's into surfing then?

Tried it a few times but got bored - being 6ft 4 didn't do me any favours either, managed to do basic straight running...........i didn't have the patience i guess?

I'm really up for windsurfing though, tried it again for 2 days down in Bude last month and now itching at the bit to get going. Are there any windsurfers out there????? as down in Hove, there is a sailing club that have a sort of gym membership scheme - basically about £50 a month for me & gf to use the gear (also the other boats etc) as much as we want, discount on courses and free courses every thursday night for advancing your skills. It seems a good deal to me, as with learning my sail size and board will be changing quickly................what do you reckon? Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dan,

Sounds like a good idea. I'd like to get into windsurfing. There were loads of guys doing it in my area in the 80s including my dad, who amony others windsurfed from Portrush N.I. to Islay in Scotland (30 Miles). When they got there the weather was so bad they had to stay for about 4 days. Most people ran out of money, and had nothing to pay the hotel for accommadation, meals, drinks etc. My dad who was Bank Manager to most of them stepped in to guarantee the hotel the funds for their continued stay. You just don't get service like that any more!!!!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Surfing is fantastic - even though i am crap at it. First year in Bristol - had a go at body boarding on the North Devon coast all summer - mainly Croyde and Saunton. Last year got a wetsuit - so only had to hire boards, and am debating whether to get a board this year.
Best time is usually late summer/autumn when the holiday makers are gone, the weather is pleasant and the sea is warm!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy