Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"If I was an ass checker I would be paralyzed or dead'

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not my words (!) but those of extreme skier Kent Kreitler on jumping an Alaskan cliff and suffering horrendous leg injuries on landing: his right femur "pushing into new territory" and every ligament and tendon in the knee severed except for the interior capsule, which all tore off of the femur in one chunk.
Nice.
The interview, on Powder Magazine's site, is worth a read if your interest in skiing extends into medical science or butchery.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It took an absolute age to load (as it includes a 'mini movie' of the accident). Worth waiting for. Scary stuff - another very lucky man.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
..........lady's front bottom!

The video doesn't show too much, but he's says it all in the beginning of the article that he normally has a look and assess what he's going to do before he does it.......this time he didn't and fate took over!!

I can't believe he's going to be able to ski again, good luck!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i can't believe you can't write T W A T on this forum............oh well. By the way, what is an "ass checker"???
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I believe it's a job given to new stable apprentices.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cooo . . . someone who screws-up as much as me! But not scoping the jump makes him a real 'poo'head, I usually know where various bits of me will land Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I usually know where various bits of me will land

But not necessarily in what order?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All toooo true!
But this season will be different - along with my din settings.
And the boards probably won't get waxed until very late on. Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here's some more stuff from Kent Kreitler on the Teton Gravity site. An interesting point comes out of the interview.

Speaking about his relationship with filmmakers: "I wrote into my contract that they couldn't use falls." But his attitude changed:

"I took a huge fall that was in last years Warren Miller movie....I thought that it was such a big one that it was worthy so I said "O.K.""

"The TGR viewers are more perfectionist though" he says. "They want to see stomps not falls so most falls except really good ones get canned and they don't waste people's time with a bunch of crap."

So, if you're looking for a movie career in falling, take it from a master. Make sure your falls are not "a bunch of crap." Otherwise they might end up on the cutting room floor.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
"a movie career in falling".

I bet Masque would pick up a few Oscars.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dan, in this context I think Kent is talking about sticking your bum into the ground in a controlled fall, checking your speed with your ass; rather than looking at an attractive girl's ass! Obviously had his ass hit the rocks he may have broken his back - hence the paralysed comment. You can see him spotting the rocks and trying to turn in the pics. Ass checking is good when its steep and you are out of control, if its really steep it doesn't even look like a fall.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There's obviously some confusion about terminology here. I've done a brief Google on ass-checking, and came up with this:

"10:03:41 a.m.: Listen, I interrupt. As long as you have the elevator stopped, I want to tell you I want to get off this ass-checking regimen. I don’t want you forcing me to check out asses or making 11:10 a.m. ass-checking appointments with me. Just consider me hands-off for a while when it comes to asses."

That was from How's it Hangin'

Why is this office building full of people checking horses, and making appointments with horse scrutineers?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm always checking the ski-bunnies asses it would be rude not to
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy