Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The inescapable truths of very high altitude skiing...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...such as temperatures of -40C, thickening of the blood, severe lack of oxygen, and unrelenting storms....
...are not things we worry about too much on the bunny slopes of the Alps.

New Zealander Todd Windle, who's based in Chamonix, is about to embark on some seriously thin-air skiing in Alaska (5000m) and Tibet (8000m).

This interesting report from the New Zealand Herald describes the adversities he'll encounter.

The article claims that his planned virgin descent of Mount St Elias, from summit to ocean, will be the "longest ski run ever done". Interesting claim. I'm not sure of the existing data on this, which maybe requires continuous downhill gradients, or does it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
See Very Extreme Skiing thread.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, my error.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, no problem - it's easily done - especially when you've been away for a few days supping Carlsberg. Laughing Answering your question, from the second article this
Quote:
Although another team had skied from the summit of Mount St. Elias in 2000, they had not gone all the way to the ocean. The run to the sea, with its 18,000-foot vertical descent, would qualify Griber and his teammates for the world record for an uninterrupted vertical ski descent
so it seems it will be a record if it is done without incident. Seems the mountain which is the 2nd highest in US is unusual in that it goes right down to sea level. Here's a good photo and a link to the other thread on this topic.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy