Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Ski Boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The_catcher wrote:

Thanks, I just don't want to have a boot fitter/ salesman tell me I need all the extra add ons if it's going to bring very little to my skiing/ comfort. I know custom foot beds and injection moulded liners are extra but it seems all the modern boots state they have heat mouldable shells and liners, is this included in the price of the boot and the fitting fee or do you pay extra for this? So confusing.

As you say, modern boots have liners that take the shape of your feet and have shells that are mouldable....what they don't have is a decent footbed, which is why this is worth doing.
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some shops charge a fitting fee, others include fitting in the price of the boot. Ultimately you're going to be paying for maybe a couple of hours of someones time whichever way they charge for it. I don't think I've seen anyone charging extra for heat moudling on top of the fitting fee.
As @Old Fartbag says decent footbeds are worth considering, also good thin ski socks, rather than great big woolly tube socks.
If you've got somewhere in mind give them a call and discuss your budget with them, they should be able to set your expectations realistically.
You don't have to go mad, but don't buy the wrong boots just because they are on sale.
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@The_catcher, I could be wrong but my expectation is that heat forming shells where that’s intended to happen will be included in the price.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@CEM,

I'm just curious, having read your clipping up order, how you'd approach a pair of Dalbello Lupos? Very Happy

Cheers
Nick
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks snowheads. So custom footbeds are worth investing in, more overtime at work required Shocked
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Covidien-TED-Anti-embolism-Stockings-DVT-Flight-Socks-PAIR-KNEE-LENGTH-L-Reg-E/252969077034?hash=item3ae621c92a:g:72kAAOSw6jNat5f9

These might be worth a try, once you have the correct measurement of your calves.
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

So custom footbeds are worth investing in

Probably. See what your fitter says.
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy