Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skitopia / Handmade Holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just received a letter to say that Handmade Hols has been taken over by Skitopia. They say we have 2 weeks to cancel our booking for christmas, if we wish to.
I have never heard of Skitopia. Looking at their website, they seem to be a kids'club.
Any comments anyone?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, sorry, but welcome to snowHeads, RobertC! It's generally quiet at the weekends here. I've just popped in for a quick peek whilst eating a sandwich. Most of the activity here is in working hours rolling eyes I'm sure you'll get plenty of comments come Monday morning, though!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have never heard of Skitopia though it's quite a nifty name, isn't it. If they're going to continue with the Handmade programme and presuming they are fully bonded, etc, I'd be inclined to keep my booking and not rock the boat.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks.

Surprisingly, they have not provided any information about their plans. Just an offhand take-it-or-leave-it, which I suspect is a regulatory requirement.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RobertC, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead . Sorry can't help on your specific question. From www.skitopia.com they have ATOL certification but nothing more. The ATOL Number does check out as currently in force. Bits of the site are well out of date (e.g. customer survey results from 2002). The parent company web site http://www.tjm.co.uk/ does seem to put the emphasis on school groups but when you enter the site it refers to an adult program. All a bit confusing......... if they are giving you the accommodation and resort you wanted the change of ownership probably won't matter too much. Wherever you go and whichever TO you use - have a good one.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was thinking of going with them last year to montgenevre. I mentioned this to the boss of Ski Miquel to see if he could offer us a deal anywhere near what they were offering. He was rather derogatory to say the least, but then they are competitors.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went with Skitopia to Alpe d'Huez last year....they were excellent...not to mention one of the best bargain holidays we've ever had! (£299 catered including lift pass, ski & boot hire and free beer!). Reps & chalet staff were all helpful and happy, food was good and chalet wine was even drinkable! Small company with a limited range of resorts and accommodation but we were very pleased overall. Not a kid in sight so if they do do school groups they must keep the two operations separate.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RobertC, the Hand Made Holidays web site produces a pop up news flash when you enter the snow section which says they have teamed up with Skitopia to give even more choice. 'Teamed up with' is not necessarily the same thing as being taken over by ????? But the phone number is the same. Has that changed ??
I thought I saw an ABTA bond on the TJM site but I can't find it now.
Whatever, you've got a glowing recommendation from homphomp
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone. No bad news yet! The letter from Skitopia just says they "have now taken over future operations of the HH ski programme".
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy