Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transfers Milan-Arabba

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'm going to be skiing in Arabba (in the dolomites) over Christmas in a party of five (3 adults and 2 kids). We are flying into Milan (Linate) airport. The original plan was to hire a car at the airport, but the apartment owner has said we don't really need a car as we will be in walking distance of the lifts and my friends are worried that it will be expensive.

Anyone have any experience of transfers from Milan- Arabba either by train or bus?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We're going to be in Arabba from Boxing Day to New Years Day and I looked at various options including www.lowcostcoach.com
Trouble is they only go to certain Dolomite resorts (not Arabba), and only on weekends. They are cheap though, and who knows, you may be able to blag the coach driver into letting you off at Arabba if the dates and prices suit you?

We still ended up hiring a car though, and for your group if you can squeeze into one car I'd have thought you might as well go with that.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave Horsley, Please bear with me. We are looking at taking a group (16 pax) to the sella ronda in March. I am waiting for the Tourist Office to contact me in relation to hire of Taxis/Coach. I will send you the information when I recieve it. Also looked at hiring a couple of minibus's and driving works out @ €550 plus €50 petrol and tolls.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Forgot to say we looked at www.lowcostcoach.com very cheap but timings not 100% suitable.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave Horsley, I have arranged 4 DIY trips to Italy with numbers from 12 to 28. Each time I have got in touch with bus companies in the resort as this works out so much cheaper than the big international transfer companies. In February there are 19 of us going to Selva Val Gardena and we are paying 900 euros for the return trip (about £30 each) from Verona airport.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Treviso (just inland of Venice) is a better airport for Arabba than Milan. If you go out and back on Saturday or Sunday only, there is a bus (organised, I think by the hotels) to take you from there to Arabba, otherwise there are taxis based in Arraba who will come and pick you up (about an hour, I seem to remember).
I Imagine they would go to Milan but I imagine it would be further.
Here are some Arabba taxis/minibuses:

Al Fever (Renzo Soraru) cell 330 513747
CIAI (Walter Finazzer) cell 338 7899541
Furgher Walter cell 347 2758814
Detomaso Paolo cell 348 9306051
Leo Crepaz cell 348 0382306
Pirol ( Crepaz Oscar) cell 339 7442217

Italian prefix is 0039

Don't know about proper buses.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Treviso (just inland of Venice) is a better airport for Arabba than Milan.

Unfortunatley we are flying into Milan Very Happy There were no flights form a scottish airport to Venice on the required days at a reasonable price when we booked the flights 3-4months ago.

From the Ryanair airports there is a coach to Arabba, but not from Milan. But looks like we are back to hiring a car, which suits me - now all I have to do is presuade them it doesn't have to be massive, doesn't have to be a 4x4, but we should have chains just in case!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Christina1, Very interested in your thread. Where are you flying into? Could you give me the name / email contact or number of the service you are using. It is what we are looking for. We are looking to fly into Milan Bergamo but if we charter the coach it does not matter where we want to be picked up. Just the price changes wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roy Hockley, We are flying into Verona. The company taxi/bus company we are using is Consorzio Taxi Gardena, www.taxi-busgardena.com telephone +39 0471 796544. They required a 300 euro deposit. I contacted them by e-mail and they replied promptly. Good luck! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Christina1, Thanks for that, I have just sent them a request. Thanks again. Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Treviso to Arabba is more like 2 hours than 1 IIRC, what the heck it is not like the trawl from Geneva to the Savoie and the scenery just gets better and better en-route.

I spent a happy 7 hours at Treviso, going home, delayed through air traffic congestion - Venice was fog bound and Treviso was taking the brunt of the overspill. There is nothing there to do apart from 'plane spotting'.

Can't wait to revisit Arabba in February, not been for over 10 years ( I did 4 years on the bounce before then ) and this time I will have SP with me who will be attempting to ski me into the ground.

Hidden Valley here we come Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Christina1, Got a reply back from Stefano. Price is as good as you say, will sort out details with the rest of the group and book it.

Thanks again.

This is what the forum should be about.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
One of my friends recommended me a http://kiwitaxi.com/Italy/Milan transfer service. I used it once, and I will never take another taxi. Very comfortable and handy thing Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Linate is quite close to the centre of Milan so a train is a very viable option. They run roughly every hour to Verona then change to go to Bozen. From Bozen there is probably a bus or taxi to Arraba. The train will cost about £20 per person each way.

I just looked at the prices to fly to Milan or Venice from Edinburgh over Christmas and they look expensive - around £200 to either return. Is the whole of Scotland fleeing?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Take a train to Belluno from Milan (see trenitalia website for times - there should be a Frecchia Bianca which takes you most of the way...) and then there is a bus run by Dolomiti bus the rest of the way. If you get in at an awkward time, then a taxi from there should be about an hour...
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
Linate is quite close to the centre of Milan so a train is a very viable option. They run roughly every hour to Verona then change to go to Bozen. From Bozen there is probably a bus or taxi to Arraba. The train will cost about £20 per person each way.

I just looked at the prices to fly to Milan or Venice from Edinburgh over Christmas and they look expensive - around £200 to either return. Is the whole of Scotland fleeing?

This is the other option, but be aware that buses do not really cross province borders. Bolzano is in Alto Adige/sud tirol and Arabba is in Veneto, so a different company. Sud Tirol will be with SAD and Venetro is Dolomitibus.
latest report
Josh13 wrote:
One of my friends recommended me a http://kiwitaxi.com/Italy/Milan transfer service. I used it once, and I will never take another taxi. Very comfortable and handy thing Wink

You do realise the thread is 9 years old don't you? Happy
ski holidays
I too am wondering how to get to Arraba. Nobody seems to fly anywhere near it from Edinburgh direct. Does anybody have any ideas? It's an eight hour drive from Geneva.
snow report
not direct, but klm to venice is pretty easy thru schiphol
snow conditions
Thanks. Looks like that's going to be it. Dolomiti here we come.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy