Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck to St Anton Transfer Help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello - any help/advice would be greatly appreciated on the above topic. Essentially I have laid out what i see as the best options below, hopefully someone will point me in a better direction!

I am doing the research currently for our (4 people) trip 28/2/17 - 2/3/17.

It looks like return trains for 4 people to the resort works out about 200 Euros, plus taxis between airport/train station both ways. So I'd guess 250 Euros all in roughly, so £220. Only issue is we land at 10am and the next train is not until 11:48 getting us in at roughly 1pm, so a taxi etc. would probably have us in the resort before 12.

Hiring a car big enough for 4 (minivan) will cost about £280, and a private hire is offering us the trip for 300 Euros currently (innsbruckviptaxi.com).

Any help appreciated, the above is just the result of an hours googling. I did search the forum for an old applicable topic but failed to find one, apologies if I missed it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I always use the train from Innsbruck when I travel to St Anton. The timings for the train look ok if your flight arrives at 10 am, by the time you get off, collect luggage / skis etc you'll be out about 11.00.

There is a bus right outside the terminal that will take you to the station. It goes round the houses and takes about 30 mins in traffic. Personally, I'd get a taxi from the airport to the station and chill with a coffee after you've got your tickets unless you can buy them online in advance.

It depends on much skiing you want to do in the afternoon. if that's a must then the private transfer is your best bet.

Are both the fares Return?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think you are ambitious on your timing with the car, by the time you've got baggage, sorted paperwork etc I would imagine you would be arriving a similar time to the train.
Your price on the train also seems high, the actual price in the station on the day is quite a bit lower than in advance off the likes of thetrainline etc. I think we paid £16 Euros /p each way in March last year, although I am catching it again this Thursday so can update with the actual price. Bus F from airport to train station is 2 euro each and runs every 20 minutes. So you are talking a total of circa 154 euro ( including 10ish for taxi at St A) for the train / bus not 250.

There's 4 of us travelling next week and we're taking the train, it's up to you whether the increased flexibility of having a car or the convenience of a taxi is worth the extra.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just checked prices to make sure I wasn't going mad.

26 euro through a google search with thetrainline whereas it is 16.80 euro if you go on OBB's website so if you do book in advance make sure it is direct through OBB. snowHead

https://tickets.oebb.at/en/ticket/offer
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the help thus far, much appreciated. Judging from the responses if it's only 16 euros each way on the train that would work out at circa £120 for the train tickets, with only the extra of the taxi to and from the train station. So basically roughly half as much.

If you guys think it would take roughly an hour to get out of the airport then possibly we are being somewhat optimistic and £150 is worth saving out there. Will buy almost a full round.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.alps2alps.com/en/book-your-transfer

213 euros return- 8 seater minivan. used them last year for exact journey.

We landed at 9.40am and were on the lifts at 11.50 so definitely go the taxi route would be my opinion.

We areusing them again this year from Zurich - st anton 500Euros
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thankyou IANVIP very much for your help. I have just booked using Alps 2 Alps as suggested and it has cost me 250 Euros which is excellent.

Thanks again for everyone who helped, great stuff.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@fordy11, @ianvip,
You can do better than that.
We have been using https://www.taxi-airporttransfer-tirol.com/en/ the last few years to get from Innsbruck to Lech. Excellent service at 190 euro.

They are offering Innsbruck-St.Anton for 158 euro...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.tirol-taxi.at are quoting €438 return for 4 people. I have just used them to get from Munich to Mayrhofen and yesterday they got us to Munich in a blizzard safely and in time despite horrendous traffic. Thoroughly recommend. Used 4 times now.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just for anyone else who reads this in future - the Austrian railway's website is really easy to use, and fully in English:
https://tickets.oebb.at/en/ticket

Walk-up tickets for Innsbruck - St. Anton am Arlberg run at about 17 EUR and the journey is a doddle, right into the middle of town.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kevinraine wrote:
https://www.tirol-taxi.at are quoting €438 return for 4 people. I have just used them to get from Munich to Mayrhofen and yesterday they got us to Munich in a blizzard safely and in time despite horrendous traffic. Thoroughly recommend. Used 4 times now.

+1 we just used Four Seasons for Innsbruck to Mayrhofen return and the service was excellent.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy