Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solution to nightmare car-parking at Gatwick?

Poster: A snowHead
chrisb5672, 1 post and glowing reference of tudor rose..do you work for them..if you dont then sorry but 1 post makes me wonder...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No don't work for them. Do people normally only post negative comments? Admit that Snowheads is new to me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Them's the rules of the interweb chrisb5672.

1st post with a link to a commercial site is going to raise a chorus of "SPAM" from the peanut gallery.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK fairy snuff. Wish I could remember the name of the hotel in the Alps with the fire escape thru our bedroom. Hopefully that would have been negative enough. PS I work for a Publisher - no names mentioned
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chrisb5672, Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Aph are good whether you use meet and greet or park in their car park, used them several times over many years. Also used I love meet and Greet with no problems, did use another recommended on here but they were awful, will try and remember who they were?
It was EPS valet parking, we waited ages for them going out and on return, then having paid them for our short stay exit ticket we had to pay again as they didn't leave the ticket as they never paid! When I rang they were rude, never again.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for APH off site, use them regularly Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We use I Love Meet and Greet or Meteor depending on price and what discount voucher we have, both are good. I always take pictures of the car with gps enabled before it's handed over, do the same when renting a car. Not that I have had a problem with either.

For heathrow I always use Purple Parking.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We used Meteor several times but last time several other travellers and I were left standing around at Gatwick for nearly an hour waiting for cars to be brought back. Got given 25% discount on next use by way of apology after complaining, but would've been a real pain if I'd have had the kids with me as I usually would, especially if it had been in January and not June.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We use meteor, tudor rose, ace and the offcial gatwick one in short stay regularly, no issues with any of them despite owning a clearly thrashable joyride sort of car Toofy Grin Would never go back to long stay after trying meet and greet, saves so much time! aj xx
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
feefee wrote:
Aph are good whether you use meet and greet or park in their car park, used them several times over many years.

Yeah, they're good until they damage your car.

They badly curbed my pristine alloy and refused to admit it. Cost me £100 to get it refurbed.

I will never, EVER use APH again. If you do, you'd better hope they don't damage your car, because you will never be compensated. There are many bad reviews to that effect.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews102586.html
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've been using MGP Heathrow and ABC Gatwick (owned by Help-Me-Park.com) for valet parking for years.. they're relatively cheap, very reliable, friendly and I've never found fault with them.

Though one time it was quite worrying when a Rastafarian collected the car, he eyed up my RS and started raving about his days as a boy racer! snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I use, I Love Meet and Greet too. They've always been good and normally have discount codes posted on their facebook page - https://www.ilovemeetandgreet.co.uk/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice to see a thread that originated in 2006 bounced for a link!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@boredsurfin, It was bumped by some spam that has been deleted.
ski holidays
Maybe a timely resurrection?
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/passengers-left-stranded-at-gatwick-airport-after-parking-company-goes-bust/ar-AAoyHKu?ocid=ob-fb-engb-57
snow conditions
I was chatting to a friend about these posts and he mentioned that he had heard of a company that, for a small fee, will drive you in your own car to the airport and then return your car back to your home. On return they will again drive your own car to the airport and return you back home

Sounded like an interesting proposition, no parking fees and your car safely parked at home

Has anyone heard of this type of scheme and can you see any problems?
snow report
gazza330 wrote:
I was chatting to a friend about these posts and he mentioned that he had heard of a company that, for a small fee, will drive you in your own car to the airport and then return your car back to your home. On return they will again drive your own car to the airport and return you back home

Sounded like an interesting proposition, no parking fees and your car safely parked at home

Apart from someone with the keys to your car knowing where you live and knowing when you are away? Not much could go wrong there. Very Happy
ski holidays
How small a fee will Yorkshire to Gatwick be ? And fuel for the two return journeys?
ski holidays
gazza330 wrote:

A stranger ragging my pride and joy all the way back to my empty house? No thanks.

I still use Tudor Rose, must have used them about 8 times now, never had a bad experience. Also valet parking is so much better than waiting around for buses. APH are crap in every way and I'll never forgive them for damaging my car then denying it.
snow report
Take the train if you can. Station delivers you onto the airport concourse. I used to live near Luton and flew out of Gatwick many times via the train.

As they say "Let the train take the strain "
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy