Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best gloves for cold hands...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I suffer fron really bad circulation, and my hands stop working even after an hour in a snowdome... I usually wear mitts with liners, but even they don't do the job when its really cold.

Can any of you reccomend gloves which will keep my fingers nice and toasty?
Cheers!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
george_1, See here
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK I give everyone permission to use one of my new gloves to slap me round the face for not searching properly....
rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
george_1,

If you have to wear mitts with liners..... Shocked
mitts are much warmer than gloves and way too warm for me

I am not sure a simple warm glove will do the trick Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
george_1, I'll repeat Foxy's usual sound advice on this subject re wearing a hat or helmet (if you don't already) as a lot of heat is lost through your head - which I think wouldn't help your hands. Do your feet also get cold?

If you're not cold generally & it's just your hands that's the problem then I'd seek a medical opinion as Xscape isn't really cold at all at -1/-2C.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
george_1, echo spyderjon, wear a hat . . . it makes a big difference

Are you very slim or do you have a clinical circulation condition? There are a couple of manufacturers that make gloves with pockets for the 'snap' type saline warming packs or the chemical type warmers. But firstly, don't buy too close or tight fitting gloves. You need a 'little' bit of loose space for the air to warm up and be able to stay in the glove and not just transfer heat out to the glove surface. tight clothing will expel warm air through seams and joints while you move . . . and then you have to re-heat the air that's drawn in by the bellows effect of movement . . . it is a significant factor . . . as I learnt on my old A65L crossing the Pennines and back to college in Winter.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I dont get cold feet as much as I get cold hands, its just really uncomfortable, I will go see the doctor and see if he can suggest anything to help my circulation.

I get it alot, riding my bike in the winter too even when the temp is above 0C I get cold hands and they go numb and take ages to get the feeling back.

I suppose I shall await the outcome of a chat with a doctor until I decide on what gloves to get...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Taking a garlic capsule everyday might be beneficial, as it is supposed to increase circulation. See what your doc says, then go out and buy the best Hestra gloves you can find, make sure they are a little on the large side, it will be warmer. Agree with the suggestions above about hat's and helmet's.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy