Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year DIY hints (Attention PG)

Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow snowheads. Just registered on the site having been recommended by the ski club. Had started a chitty chat on getting to the mountains for a bit of boarding at new year on a budget and they said get myself over to snowheads. I'm thinking of gettting a flight with a friend to Geneva from Teesside with BMI or from Newcastle with Easyjet when they are released and then need to get some accommodation somewhere accessible. Hmm not holding out too much hope Puzzled

This is where you guys come in. Mark Hunter said i should ask you - Peter Garwood to provide handy hints on some inexpensive accommodation - he said you might know of some hostels? Can you rack your brains?

If there is anyone else out there who can help out with accomm or has tips on transfers, feel free to get typing!

Muchos thanks

Becca
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rebeccagibb, greetings and welcome to SnowHeads! I think ther's a cheap(ish) place somewhere in the 3 valleys, anyone else help? Up in Durham myself so interested in cheap flights from those airports myself, used BMIBaby last New Year week.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ooh how much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking? Just spoken to my dad and he is mr pessimist himself that i'll get a good deal!!
Where did you stay last year and how did you transfer. Any good/bad experiences to tell?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rebeccagibb, I think around £125 each maybe a bit more, but no more than £150, not bad for New Year, and I stayed in Champagny-en-Vanoise, linked to La Plagne. Transferred by car, as there were 4 of us and it worked out cheaper, also no hanging around for coaches etc. Hotel was good around 80 euro per night half board per person, New Year dinner extra, but well worth it. Although the downside was the resort was low, and snow not brilliant, so we couldn't ski back to village, as it is just along from Courchevel we had a day there as well, which is included in the lift pass. Up high though the snow wasn't too bad. It was certainly cheaper than a chalet package. Cost around £550 for DIY, maybe little less, but was quoted around £850 each for chalet holiday, and flights were full from Geordieland and had to fly from Manchester .
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rebeccagibb, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead ...

Studio flat available from Jan 8th in Bourg St Maurice which is cheap if there are two people sharing - January is a quiet month. The rates are at SNOWeSCAPE - take off 10% for snowHeads....

Flying squirrel might have some ideas too, over at Peisey......
www.plan-peisey-accommodation.co.uk
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rebeccagibb I flew with BMIbaby in March, Teeside to Geneva cost £105 return. I went to Chamonix with a couple of friends and we stayed in an apartment that cost £300 for the week, so £100 each and the transfers cost about £25. If you want to go cheaper still, a friend of mine who i met in Colorado stayed in the Gite le Vagabond (around £8.50 per night) and she couldn't recommend it enough.....Once you get to Cham it can be pretty expensive but the riding is awesome. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi rebecca, glad you made it over here snowHead I'm sure you'll get the kind of help you're looking for - and good luck Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rebeccagibb, easyjet flights now out for Newcastle. Late deaprtures mean a weekend is possible as can get full day in on slopes on departure day. Saturday times different though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just tolet all you guys know that i have booked my flights from Nnewcastle to Geneva on 26 December until evening of 1st Jan and it was only £100 return incl all taxes so am v pleased. Very Happy Just need to sort out where i am going to sleep now but am on the case.

If there's anyone getting the flight from Newcastle on boxing day and want to share a lift or transfer together to make it cheaper we haven't decided on resort yet but saas fe, 3 valleys and chamonix are all looking likely contenders.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rebeccagibb, greetings and welcome. Now, if snowHeads can't come up witha solution for where Rebecca is going to sleep, then we don't deserve deserve our existence. I already made an offer over in SCGB, but Cribbage every night is not quite what Rebecca is looking for.
Come on guys! There's a lonely girl in Geneva on Boxing Day - where's Wenceslas when you need him?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you for championing my cause Jonpim but I'm not sure how I feel about being made out to be a lonely girl!!!

You are right I don't like Cribbage that much but you should see at chinese patience. No prisoners.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1895

Little Angel snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonpim, Camp bed in the garage? Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
try http://www.themountaincentre.com/ in la Tania for access to the 3V - the la Tania website at http://www.latania.co.uk has other places too.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
try http://www.themountaincentre.com/ in la Tania for access to the 3V - the la Tania website at http://www.latania.co.uk has other places too.
ski holidays
poma, I think that may have been the place I was thinking about.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 9-08-04 22:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Becca - Check out this Hostels website for cheap beds:

http://www.fuaj.org/eng/hostels/hostels.php

and if you need a price on a Transfer, check out:

www.transfer-intelligence.com

Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy