Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lenzerheide builds new pistes for World Cup ski finals

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The 2005 World Cup Finals (final event of the ski racing circuit) will be held in Lenzerheide, Switzerland, next March. To comply with FIS stipulations the resort has built new pistes, as reported in this very informative article bySkiRacing.com.

A month earlier all attention will be on Bormio, which is staging the World Ski Championships between 28 January and 13 February. Details here.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
The new race hill has been named in honor of Silvano Beltrametti, who was paralyzed in a downhill crash at Val d'Isere in December of 2001.

Anyone remember that horrific accident? This article pays tribute to a brave man, only 22 at the time of the accident, an alpine star in the making.

http://www.skiworldcup.org/load/reports/2001-2002s/03/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, I remember watching that. It was pretty bad.

Incidentally, I've wanted to visit Lenzerheide for a couple fo years, now. Anyone recommend it?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have had one days skiing there - not the best if remember rightly. Also skied its neighbour Valbella (sp?). That was okay but again, nothing to set the world alight. The skiing itself wasn't bad, but it was the variety that let it down. That was c. 10 years ago, however. Please correct me if things have changed at all.

Great places for summer holidays though - many a happy hike 'n' bike in that part of the world!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tough crowd, I was wondering about it for a weekend, possibly as it should be reachable from Zurich.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For a weekend it could do the trick. Having skied it only for one day, I'm probably judging it on what I think could be done in a week. For a weekend it might well be perfect. And yes, well within reach of Zurich.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cool, thanks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went there about 8 years ago, stayed in really nice apartment (large, 2 bedrooms & big log fire). found the place to be really freindly especially for families, easy to get around and good places to eat out. From what I remember, the skiing was OK for a week, nothing too challenging but enough to keep you interested. Not a lot of brits there either.
On the last day they had started practice runs for a womens downhill, incredible watching them shoot past, you get no real idea of the speed involved on TV.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just re-visited the piste map. Is there a problem with there being two ski areas? Or are they easily linked? I had a great weekend skiing in Davos (kipped on a mate's floor), where the separate ski areas weren't a problem over two days. It's the reason why I wouldn't spend a week there, though (as well as the prices).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There was a bus service, one clockwise one anticlockwise around the lake with buses about every 7 minutes (or less I can't remember). We never had any problems getting from one side to the other. Also, If you are into cross country, I think they have almost as many kilometres of cross country trails as downhill pistes.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DAVID F, thanks for the bus info.. I'm not but I'm sure others are. snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skanky - I did Lenzerheide & Valbella in 2001 and absolutely hated it. Sad

*but* - that was my first ski holiday and I found the instructors incredibly rude and the facilities for beginners disappointing. However it would probably be OK now that I'm a better skiier. It's a beautiful area though and it's easily done from Zurich as a previous poster has said.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alexandra, I'm on the plateau, as they say so weekends I wouldn't bother and for weeks it's private lessons. However it's worth knowing about the lessons bit as it's another reason not to go for a week. Therte are beginners in our regular group.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tough crowd, the Geordie (or Geordie-based contingent of snowHeads is growing fast, even have an ex-pat member in Geneva (sparish). Shame we don't have a more local snowdome-Silksworth dry slope just doesn't have the same ring to it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very true! I have to say however I am an adopted Geordie, having only lived up here for 5 years, so I'm still learning...I was surprised to see so many registered from the North East on here. I had visions of this forum having a Home Counties edge to it but I'm pleased to see this isn't the case! Will have to lobby the new North East parliament for a new snow dome - guaranteed empty pistes!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy