Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coronet Peak NZ

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
Hi Iv'e toldmy dad to send this to snowheads.

I have skied two days here and it is very cold. There isn't a lot of snow yet but it's great. It's hard and a bit icy but I like that. Coronet Peak is very small but there is lots of off-piste for good skiers. I am skiig with QAST club and we start at 8 before all the tourists come. Lots and lotsd of australian people and some english but I haven't seen a french skier. But you have to drive up to the pistes and it takes 30 minutes. There isn't a hotel on the mountain. I have to get up very early and get a taxi to the club and we leave at 7.15. We stop skiing at 2. then the club dos dryland training but I don't have to do that and go skiing with my cousins.

The snowpark is still closed but they are making snow. New Zealand is 10 hours later than France so when my dad is having breakfast we are in the restaurant eating our dinner !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Hannou,
sounds like you are having a great time!
Congratulations on producing the first southern hemisphere snow report snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fantastic Laughing Laughing Laughing

send lots more reports and have a great time .......
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latest from NZ, conditions are improving fast down under... (don't like the sound of all this snowboarding she mentions!) - PG
Quote:
IN Queenstown it's raining but on the mountain it snowed nearly all day today.There's 30 cms so we did lots off piste. Then I wnet snow boarding with my cousins. It's funny because it is a small mountain. It's a bit like the Mont Ventoux, but bigger. Les Arcs is huge! We are in an apartment by the lake. It's great. I've got to go and have my dinner now. No training tomorrow so I am going to go skiing and snow boarding with my cousins.

I'm not in the same group to train now. They put me with the big children. The trainer is french and is called Yannick. He is from portes du soleil.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hannou, great posts. How are you finding snowboarding? I get the impression from your dad that this is a new development. And just what do you mean by "big children"? You're not so small yourself, nearly a lady in fact.
Anyway, keep up the posts. Is winter down there just like winter in France?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hannou - I had a fantastic time in Queenstown. Lots of fun things to try as well as the skiing. Hopefully you can make the most of your time out there and try some of them as well as the skiing and snowboarding. (Non snow highlights for me were parapenting in Queenstown, hiking through temperate rainforests - beautiful and jet boating on Lake Wanaka)
Enjoy the experience... and keep us updated!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
"big children" ? that'll be people over 30 on boards I presume Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
Kirsty my cousin is helping me write in english. She’s 15. It hasn’t snowed for days but it’s really cold and the cannons work all day. Wednesday was real fun snow boarding. I had a lesson when I was little but I had forgotton. Now I can do green pistes no problem. Tomorrow there is no training so we’re going bunjee jumping and on a speed boat on the lake. I love the food. We eat in mexican and chinese and indian restaurants. Jonpim the big children in the club are 14 and 15 and go faster so it’s better. I twill be colder next week. We are going to the restaurant now so bye bye.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hannou, Coronet Peak seems a great place. I have looked around their website (odd to realise it is evening there now) and think I have found a picture of you here .
Aren't there any New Zealnd restaurants?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonpim, I wondered about Maori restaurants, but if they do European cuisine they might mean it literally? Shocked Wink
People were saying there's not enough food and too many people. Cannibalism is obviously the answer. If we ate one person each, the problem would be halted overnight. You could eat the unemployed, eat prisoners - no problem. Eat the homeless. If you can't just eat one, they'll take you to an Asian country where there's plenty to go around. -- Billy Connolly 2003
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hannou, keep the reports coming, daily, if you can spare the time. Great to hear from somone who is out there doing it. The winter doesn't seem just so far away. Have a great time.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hate to disillusion you guys but Hannou is probably not reading your stuff. Her Dad is posting in here under her name - - - using stuff received by email.

Suppose she could read it when she gets back.

If you can see it, Real Hannou, enjoy the rest of your holiday down south. Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
We went on a duck boat on the lake and on the land which was fun. The we went on a parapente it was the first time I do this. Really cool!! I want to do this in Les Arcs now. My cousin Kirsty was on another parapente and we jumped at the same time so we talked in the air! It is really cold now. It doesn't snow since last week but the snow cannon work all day so there is lots of snow. We start skiing at 8 and do lots of exercises like skiing on one ski and backwards. Then we stop at 11 for a quick lunch. Then we ski until 2, off piste. There are lots of people here now in Queenstown and in the restaurants but on the pistes it's ok.

(PG) * I think a 'duck boat' must be some sort of amphibious craft
(PG) ** I'm emailing the thead to her, KI, but although they have Internet access down under her aunt doesn't seem able to connect to snowHeads direct, despite having H's password etc. So it's old fashioned email exchanges at the moment (see first sentence of first post..).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hannou, Here's the original DUKW craft from W.W. 2. Scroll down for more pics.
Anybody know what the initials stand for ? They've always been called DUX.

PG - I've been 'with it' but others may not have been. Great you are in touch even if by slightly convoluted methods.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kuwait_ian wrote:
Great you are in touch even if by slightly convoluted methods.

Contact isn't easy, email is all we have at the moment. The expensive multipurpose plug adaptor I bought her for her mobile phone charger, supposedly conforming to the OZ/NZ systems, prongs of all shapes and configurations sticking out all over, simply doesn't work. Can't say I'm surprised.
snow report
PG, do you post Hannou's emails verbatim without any editing? If so, well done Hannou: your English is excellent! And skiing on one ski: I've been trying to do that for 15 years! I can manage it occasionally for a couple of turns on a smooth shallow slope. Very frustrating. I hope to crack it one day.

What does DUKW stand for? Answer here.
snow report
Jonpim, I imagine there's collaboration with her 15 year old Aussie cousin, either that or there's been a miraculous improvement in the 10 days since she left!
snow report
Jonpim, tks for answering that. Turned out to be rather boring - but that's not your fault. I was hoping for something more like Double Use Karrier Waterwagen - but then it was an allied invention and not German.
ski holidays
kuwait_ian, we can't have you being bored - Kuwait is boring enough as it is. No booze, no snow, and sand as far as the eye can see. So I thought this might cheer you up. Some of us wonder if we are a bit fanatic about skiing and other hobbies. Next to this guy, we are just ordinary.
latest report
Late Tuesday afternoon down there at the moment. I like this photo taken first thing this morning on the Coronet Peak website, of what they call 'magic skiing', between the hours of 8 and 9 am....
latest report
PG, Do you have to take night vision glasses with you, it looks a bit dark?
snow report
Linds, Snowboarders probably have to, they can only see in natural light between lunchtime and happy hour time Wink
snow conditions
Really nice pic PG and thanks for your ducky efforts Jonpim. I've had enough now.
ski holidays
I hope to have a few photos emailed to me when they get back to Sydney next week, I'll add them if and when they arrive....

Another very brief email has arrived, will post it shortly. More of the same, by the sound of it.
latest report
Quote:
It was hot today ! It's cloudy and might snow tonight. Tomorow we're not skiing and I'm going on a parachute behind a boat on the lake and then on Friday it is the last day and I am going to ski. Next time I come I want to go skiing in Australia. The kids in the QASt club are really fast and they are coming to see me in Bourg Saint Maurice and we can go skiing in Les Arcs. Next week we are going to see some crocodiles and stay on an island in queensland. Bye !
ski holidays
Have received the first photo from down under. Looks like fun was had by all, mainly cold and sunny weather. Hannah's not a midget! Just that the QAST club from Queenstown had her training with the 14/15 years olds (she's still 11...)
ski holidays
Ha! Spot the PG-let Laughing

I am soooo jealous!
snow conditions
Hannou, it's Sunday now, so you've finished skiing and started battling with crocodiles in Queensland.
You sure are having a fantastic summer holiday. I'm just popping up to Scotland to see my dad.
I see a clear blue sky behind you in the skiing pic. I hope the weather stays fine.
Do send pics of you wrestling with crocodile. And then there is kangaroo riding....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well I can't persuade her anywhere near the pc - but here are a few photos (no crocs in sight), some more to come....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy