Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello from a newbie!

Poster: A snowHead
Yet another popping over from the SCGB website..... I thought I would see if I recognised anyone and discovered that this is where you are all hiding. Decided to go with a login, rather than my usual name (Helena) if only to be different.

I really should do some work today......

Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome Fruity Helena Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome! The nice thing about a new forum is... we're all newbies!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Helena welcome over

Me to but it's getting late and I might just go up the Pub instead!
Slowplough
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeh! 10 mins to go and i am off home, to log on again. No pub for me ! I have a 4yr old. (and a fridge full of beer anyway).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hello, Fruity!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Ian!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How come I don't get an x?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LOL Alan, I drink fast and leave an inch in the bottom (its a tea leaf legacy).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
evening fruity
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi all, ive just found you all, i am too an SCGB cast off thrown out like last weeks news papers. Its good too see so many names i recognise also nice to see new ones too. I bet you regulars of the snow heads forum wondered what was going on when suddenly you had loads of new user's logging on. Unlike Fruity i have changed from my login name on the SCGB to my real name, Snowballs is no more the ski club killed him when they went all snooty on us.
HELLO MY NAME IS ANT AND IM A SKIAHOLIC!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Us 'regulars' on snowHeads have been here for, mmmm, lets see now, 10 days! Have a look at Memberlist above and you'll see we are all equally new. SCGB's mistake is known as 'MO Day' and snowHeads was set up thed same day.

Welcome Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Still finding my way around pete i was that exited to see everyone i just had to write something quick Embarassed
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi there from the Pacific Northwest. I never heard of SCGB and stumbled into this place by accident. I didn't go skiing today but I should have. We're getting a bunch of new snow, so it should be good this week! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How did you find us?
snow conditions
Hi Fiddler - nice to see you from across the ocean Smile
ski holidays
Hi Fiddler - When you say stumbled do you mean it in the http://www.stumbleupon.com/ sense - in which case that was possibly my doing since I put SnowHeads on my Great Sites list...

We have to make special plans to go ski=ing here....
ski holidays
Hey - love the snowHead !!
snow conditions
There was a link from another skiers board, epicski at www.epicski.com. Another board I frequent is TGR, http://tetongravity.com/forums/ That one is my favorite. Lots of pictures and video. There is something of a rivalry between the two boards but there are people who read/post on both.
snow conditions
Including the guy who set this one up - eh u brain?

Hi fiddler (unusual handle - care to explain?) and welcome. How much we'd all give just to be able to pop out and ski Sad
ski holidays
I am a fiddler. I fiddle around on the fiddle and play at the Mt Baker lodge for my pass. Hence the name. Laughing
I got up late today since I'm on a weeks vacation and decided to go skiing for a half day. There was new snow, wind packed and kind of heavy but plenty of fun. It started snowing real hard the last hour so I'm hoping for a good day tomorrow, my son and I will leave about 7:30 for the 1 hr and 15 min drive. We are lucky to be so close to such good skiing here. Before it started snowing we had a base of 150 to 170 inches on top. (http://www.mtbaker.us) Besides Baker, Whistler is only a 3 hour drive so we go up there quite a bit too.
I went to Scotland in August and September 1980 and rented a bike to get out of town and found a golf course and ski hill across the street from each other when I got up in the hills. I was very surprised to see all these people with ski boots and skis walking up the street. Then I saw the chair and what I believe is called the "toothbrush", mats of some kind that they were skiing on, wow. I should have tried it out but didn't.

http://www.biglines.com/articles_readmore.php?read=1409 Heres a page from Biglines, another great site. Check out the clip of Baker for a look at my home mountain. Some of this is from out of bounds backcountry and some from inbounds.
snow report

Just to make you feel welcome Laughing
ski holidays
Nice mountain - you're making us jealous now!

That's the old dry slope, fiddler, pretty much the only way to ski locally in the UK. I've never been myself but Mr Craggs teachs ski=ing on it. Alternatively there are three Snowdomes around the country: Tamworth, Milton Keynes and Castleford - these are big sheds with 'real' snow in them - piste is about 100-150m long - not much like the real thing, but it's the best we can do!
ski holidays
Thanks for the welcome Peter. And Ian, I guess any turns are good turns! I've seen pictures of snowdomes. Seems like a pretty cool thing to have in a place where you don't have the mountains or enough snow.
snow report
Nice peaks there fiddler, and in your "backyard" to boot! Mr. Green Making do with snowdomes seems a little sad Sad by comparison, but we do our best to enjoy it Smile
snow report
They wouldnt let us ski the snowdome with our son, cos he hadnt been on skis before and we live too far away to book him into lessons, plus he is still too young for the lessons anyway. We will never get a champion with that kind of attitude will we?????

Only two more years and he will be old enough but by then, I hope he has learnt to ski and wont need to pay for lessons anyway.....

catch 22. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy